Rules Editing Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rules Editing Question

I searched for this and I asked this b4 but I still haven't found an answer.

When I edit the rules, if I want to use them, how do I do that? I read from a previous thread that your modified bic file is supposed to override the default, but (1) that hasn't happened (unless you need to start a new game after modifying them, b/c so far I tried modifying in game) and (2) what happens if you make several bic files?

Anyone know the answers to these? Thanks!

In your Civ 3 Folder (on my computer, it's under C:/program files/infogrames interactive/Civilization 3/, but if you have a weird setup, it might not), there's a file called civ3mod.bic. Copy this file to some safe place, and then make whatever changes you want to that file. All future games will use the rules for that file, and all current games will begin using it the next turn (i believe). Well, actually, there are some changes that don't apply until you start a new game, but I believe they mainly have to do with terran, and I'm not sure what they are... you might want to go to the Civ 3 Creation forum and ask there, where more people are likely to know (or look there for the answer, as it's probably posted somwhere).

Hope this helps!

-- adaMada
    Civ 3 Democracy Game:
    PTW Game: Proud member of the Roleplay Team, and Ambassador to Glory of War
    Intersite PTW Game: Member of Apolyton

Comment

If you want to use several different bic-files or don't want to change the original rules, you just have to put the bic-files into the \scenario folder and start the game by loading a scenario.

Comment

do you really have to save the old bic file?
        There is a tab that resets all rules to default right?
        Die-Bin Laden-die

Comment

Thanks I will try it all out!

Comment

Working...
          X