Infrogames hacked??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Infrogames hacked??

I tried to go to the infrogames website to get their email address.
    I pressed Ctrl-O and put in " infrogames.com " Normally this would bring up the site but it brought up a Korean adult site??
    I thought maybe they just used http://infrogames.com to get more innocent surfers. So I put a www in front of infrogames and came up with the same thing?? Has infrogames been hacked does anyone know? Unhappy citizens?
    Attached Files
    Destruction is a lot easier than construction. The guy who operates a wrecking ball has a easier time than the architect who has to rebuild the house from the pieces.--- Immortal Wombat.

it's www.infogrames.com not http://infrogames.com/ as u stated

Comment

everyone always says infrogames instead of infogrames, must be becuase it is a game company ~~~~
      GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

If Infogrames was hacked, it'd be a German site, with a translated version of Civ3 to download...
        Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
        "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

If anybody needs me to translate that site for them, I'd be glad to look for any hidden references to Civ3.
          I've been on these boards for a long time and I still don't know what to think when it comes to you -- FrantzX, December 21, 2001

"Yin": Your friendly, neighborhood negative cosmic force.

Comment

Originally posted by yin26
            If anybody needs me to translate that site for them, I'd be glad to look for any hidden references to Civ3.
            i don't mind u translating some of the stuff pertinent to that site though

Comment

Originally posted by Rasputin
              everyone always says infrogames instead of infogrames, must be because it is a game company ~~~~
              And it's a FRENCH game company, at that!

And yes, I have also typed in the wrong URL.

Comment

Originally posted by yin26
                Please do!
                "We are reducing all the complexity of billions of people over 6000 years into a Civ box. Let me say: That's not only a PkZip effort....it's a real 'picture to Jpeg heavy loss in translation' kind of thing."
                - Admiral Naismith

Comment

putting the "r" in the wrong place is easy enough to do I guess!!

but, yeah, www.infogrames.com
                  If the voices in my head paid rent, I'd be a very rich man

Comment

were they hacked or not?
                    Boston Red Sox are 2004 World Series Champions!

Comment

No they weren't hacked. I just looked at my civ3 box. Putting the r there looks weirder then before.
                      Why not Infogames??
                      Infogrames??
                      who ever heard of a grame?
                      Destruction is a lot easier than construction. The guy who operates a wrecking ball has a easier time than the architect who has to rebuild the house from the pieces.--- Immortal Wombat.

Comment

Originally posted by War4ever
                        were they hacked or not?
                        No... the correct site is http://www.infogrames.com. If you go to http://www.infrogrames.com, you get "something different" , and that's why Darkknight thought they were hacked.

-- adaMada
                        Civ 3 Democracy Game:
                        PTW Game: Proud member of the Roleplay Team, and Ambassador to Glory of War
                        Intersite PTW Game: Member of Apolyton

Comment

Dinnae be silly. The real address is infogrames (which is ok), the dodgy address is infrogames (the Korean site). No hacking in sight.

Comment

in fo grames....are they selling drugs
                            Boston Red Sox are 2004 World Series Champions!

Comment

I had a hunch and I looked up grame in an english dictionary and here is the definition :

grame \Grame\, n. [See Gram, a.] 1. Anger; wrath; scorn. [Obs.] --Chaucer.

2. Sorrow; grief; misery. [Obs.] --Chaucer

Appropriate for Infogrames, don't you think?

Last edited by senowen; December 2, 2001, 03:38.
                              A thing either is what it appears to be; or it is not, but yet appears to be; or it is, but does not appear to be; or it is not, and does not appear to be.--Epictitus

Comment

Working...
                              X