Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Editor: Code well wasted

Can anyone please explain this:

Why would Firaxis ship the game with an editor as useless as this one. As far as I can judge, it is good only for cheating, and absolutely nothing else. I mean, there isn't even an overview map!! How is it possible to make larger maps without that feature?

As for customizability, it is - in my oppinion - totally lacking. Time and time again, when using the editor, you are locked by this or that rule or restriction. You can't increase the number of units in the game. You can't customize wonders beyond a certain point etc. etc.

Am I the only person who feels this? The way the editor works now, they might aswell not have made it at all.

Asmodean
    Im not sure what Baruk Khazad is , but if they speak Judeo-Dwarvish, that would be "blessed are the dwarves" - lord of the mark

Nope. And a lot of the changes you make will crash your game. If you're lucky, after you've put in 14 or so hours of playtime. WEEEEEE!

Cheers,

Dr. Charm

Comment

The editor is not finished yet. It will be updated.
      Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

It is okay for making maps...and new governments etc etc etc especially with the hacking of the editor by modders...

Comment

The editor isn't finished yet. It will be updated.
          Which is exactly why they should have done an open beta, instead of a closed one. In that way most of these things would have been ironed out before release date, rether than after.

It's useful for making maps.
          Excuse me...making maps without a small overview map. How is that possible for anything other than tiny maps??

Asmodean
          Im not sure what Baruk Khazad is , but if they speak Judeo-Dwarvish, that would be "blessed are the dwarves" - lord of the mark

Comment

You don't visit the civ3 files/customisation area of this site much do you?

Comment

Working...
            X