Computer Gaming World give 5 Stars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Computer Gaming World give 5 Stars

On page 92 of this companion to PC Gaming World- CGW gave Civ II 5 stars. They gave it the editors choice; showed 6 screenshots; and provided strategy tips on page 136 of the article.
    -->Visit CGN!
    -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

they must be paid off. I would give it 3 and 1/2 stars maybe 4 at best. Five is just ridiculous.

Comment

It is useless to argue opinion.

Period.

But thats just my two cents for now ... I like it, I hope you do but if you don't, i can respect that. Just like I can respect people who give Civ 3 all five stars, or just one or two stars ... I know how i feel, and i'm confident so i don't take offence to other comments (and i'm not saying that you guys are, i'm just speaking my mind).

Cheers!
      ~Alex
      "Nothing exists except atoms and empty space; everything else is opinion"
      -Democritus of Abdera

Comment

civ 2 or civ 3. You said civ2. I would understand why civ2 would be a 5 star game especially when it came out. I miss those movie advisors don't you?

Comment

Actually I agree- it was quite eerie, the review was very vague about the game; they listed about 7 gameplay changes they claimed were MAJOR:

-special characteristics
          -special units
          -culturre rating
          -new diplomacy types
          -trade is now iportant
          -the privateer
          -Unit upkeep in gold

IN ADDITION: COMPUTER GAMES MAGAZINE GAVE CIV III 5 stars as well- Games magazines rarely give the same amount of stars???

Was someone paid off?
          -->Visit CGN!
          -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Guess thats where the money for beta testing went
            Die-Bin Laden-die

Comment

-or were the reviews rushed?

did they not have time to check out the editors- the only problem both magazines listed with the game was that the Icon for the Game start looked ugly????
              -->Visit CGN!

Comment

if you have noticed.....even POOR games get 7.8 out of 10.....so what should you expect from a civ3 review......

the game is ok at best....and no patch is going to make it a great game....these guyz are in cahoots.... the best review of a game can only come from hordes of people who have played it...not one guy!

its an opinion at best....for a magazine.... i bet kids could give a fairer review of games..... but hey this guy has a job to do
                Boston Red Sox are 2004 World Series Champions!

Comment

Working...
                X