The Bloody Germans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by G.A
    Though all other AIs seem to be aware of the Panzers coming for their butts in the future, and so, Germans never survived until they could build them in any of my games, totally without my assistance btw
    I have never had the AI wipe out another civilization by itself. I wonder why that is. The AI usually fights a puny little war and then demands peace.

I guess I might have something to do with it because I have a tendency to take over weaker civs. I might have to try a game where I avoid war, but then again....
    iamastatistic.com - Learn something about the world

Comment

In my games, that's usually how it works. I generally get an ally in on a war to distract my target civ (hopefully on the opposite side of them, so they don't get my targetted cities/resources). Then I chew up from one end, the ally from the other. Once I gain my objectives, I make peace and get all the tribute (instant preferred over per-turn) I can. Then I go back to being a builder. Meanwhile my ally will continue to wage war, often eliminating that civ. Meanwhile I have a dozen or two extra turns of peace and I've also gotten some goodies.

Originally posted by mr.buddylee

I have never had the AI wipe out another civilization by itself. I wonder why that is. The AI usually fights a puny little war and then demands peace.

I guess I might have something to do with it because I have a tendency to take over weaker civs. I might have to try a game where I avoid war, but then again....

Comment

i hate bismarck so much that i'm gonna switch to playing germans only. bastards are just too belligerent. shaka is also kinda painful but not too bad. english are just plain aryan and americans are really hyper all the time. still, no one beats bismarck...that guy just craves for blood.

as for AI wars, they are really brutal and wiping out is more than common. usually they gang on one civ and rip it to shreds in 10-15 turns, then colonize and repop its territory.

late games battles are incredibly cool. watching massive tank battles is like watching a good war movie, bombers providing for some carpet bombing effects. when they fix air superiority, it will be perfect....

Comment

By the way, English are much more annoying if you live near them due to their sheer Man-O-War obsession which leads to the daaaaaaaaaaaaaamn long turns

Comment

Germans aggressive? Well yes they are, but are we forgeting the zulus? I have never lived near the zulus without having a war with them at least by the end of the middle ages... Now I just get everyone to go to way with the Zulus early... just to be safe.
            " Conceit, arrogance, and egotism are the essentials of patriotism." - Emma Goldman

William Seward Burroughs
            February 5, 1914 - August 2, 1997 R.I.P. Uncle Bill, you are missed.

Comment

Dont

forget 2 things.

If you have a spy in the cities of the other empirs your military advisor will tell you how your military compaires to theirs. Always shoot for average or stronger...

ALSO dont forget to draft a few conscripts if you need to look bigger than what you really are. The other empires dont know the difference between a conscript defender than a fully trained one... You may be a paper dragon but it helps to keep those pesky germans and zulus off your back untill you can get a real military force up....

Comment

Working...
              X