Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

you know you've played too much civ3 when...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey, Egyptian, that one hit a little too close to home!

Comment

• When your mom Say: Clean up Your room, and You say: Take elsewhere your empty treats, we do not surrender to blackmail!
      Traigo sueños, tristezas, alegrías, mansedumbres, democracias quebradas como cántaros,
      religiones mohosas hasta el alma...

Comment

• True story: last night I had a dream where some british people were annoying me so I asked them to leave...they declared war! A few minutes later some english swordsmen were sneaking up on me, while my swordsmen invaded england

Comment

• ... when you visit Egypt and see a tomb of Cleopatra, you start convincing people that she's immortal.

... when you fight and wonder why do you get hit 5 times in a row.

... when you find Catherine attractive
          I don't conquer -
          I obliterate

Comment

• Originally posted by Deathwalker
            I unfortunately have not had the time to play Civ 3 that much. Six months ago I introduced my girlfriend to Civ 2 and she loved it.
            So when I got Civ3 she started to play it. Now she spends more time on it than I do, every time I try and play she black mails me to get off the computer. The worse part is that she is still at Uni so she has more free time. Every day when I get home from Uni she is there playing away. Any ideas how to get her not to like the game anymore
            Play civ together! You would be so cute, sitting together by the computer.
            "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

• When I was getting woken up, but didn't want to, I explained to my mom that I needed to stay in bed until it produced another defender.

I was very tired.
              "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Comment

• When you're driving along thinking about the evening's strategy for getting rid of those darn Germans who parked right on your borders and you rear-end the car in front of you... then wonder why you turned the autosave off so you can't reload and avoid the accident.
                If pigs could fly we'd all have to wear helmets.
                Please don't be envious of my little girlie brain.

Comment

• Originally posted by Egyptian
                  When you spend half the day at work reading the Apolyton Civ Forum, and can't figure out why anything doesn't get done.
                  I had them write "manning the Apolyton terminal" into my job description... if they only knew what that meant.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brutus66
                    Hey, Egyptian, that one hit a little too close to home!
                    Here are two REAL "you know you've played to much civ3" examples that happened to me yesterday:

WARNING!!! THis is a bit graphic and funny!

You know you've played too muc civ3 when you desperately have to drop a huge load and pinch it off for an hour because you're in the middle of a huge battle. Then you begin to wish you were playing on a laptop so you can take it with you.

I woke up this morning from a dream where I was trying to be the first civ to get my settler to a tile that was irrigated and had iron AND spices - possible only in a dream.

Comment

• it's kind of hard to play civ3 on a laptop... not to mention in a bathroom.

You know you play too much civ3 when you're still posting in a you know you play too much thread or maybe

Comment

• ...you make your friends pay to be introduced to each other

Comment

• Comment

• You realize the war was really fun, and now you just click from one year to another improving your culture just so that you can tell your history teacher that you were researching Hitler's and Neapolitan’s motivation for conquest. No wonder the middle eastern's space program is throwing rocks at each other. Maybe they can buy one from a corporation or poorer developed nation who needs the cash and who loves to drain capital from poor countries.

Comment

• Originally posted by civman2000

...when you are talking to a friend, and they whisper something to someone else, you shout "SOREN!!! They're trading during my turn again!"

Comment

• yeah, that was really annoying before it got fixed...you could only sell tech to one person, then instantly everyone else has it

Comment

Working...
                                X