No announcement yet.

barbarians strange things

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a Barbarian Worker too, they come from when you wind down a city and abandon it by building a Worker at size 1.
    xane

Comment

In agreement with Monoriu...

Originally posted by Evil_Eric_4
      ....{just another case of poor AI programing im afraid}.....

Actually Soren Johnson explicitly stated that the Barbarian AI was very basic. This was done by design - IMO to model the fact that the Barbarian hordes are exactly that.... Hordes.

Secondly I hope that you are not by stating 'another case' referring to CIV III because the AI here is far superior to any other previous CIV style game (no sarcasm intended)

...Full marks to Soren
      tis better to be thought stupid, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

6 years lurking, 5 minutes posting

Comment

Secondly I hope that you are not by stating 'another case' referring to CIV III because the AI here is far superior to any other previous CIV style game

You mean like endless patrols(instead of defending)
        building obsolete units
        not upgrading
        not building art.
        building cities where its sure to be absorbed through culture.
        etc.etc.etc.?????

nah its not just "another case)

but you are right it is superior to the other civ titles
        Die-Bin Laden-die

Comment

Secondly I hope that you are not by stating 'another case' referring to CIV III because the AI here is far superior to any other previous CIV style game

You mean like endless patrols(instead of defending)
          building obsolete units
          not upgrading
          not building art.
          building cities where its sure to be absorbed through culture.
          etc.etc.etc.?????

nah its not just "another case)

but you are right it is superior to the other civ titles
          No one was saying it's perfect...If Soren could do that he wouldn't be working for FRAXIS...he'd have retired and be living on the royalties.

However it should be bourne in mind that of all the genres the Turn based Strategy game puts the greatest demand on the AI. So if as you agree....

....it is superior to the other civ titles
          This is certainly NOT poor AI programming.

P.S. I remember a time in the CIV II forums where the majority of the community expressed that, above all else, if CIV III just provided an AI that was a challenge - that in itself would make CIV III a great game.
          tis better to be thought stupid, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

6 years lurking, 5 minutes posting

Comment

Working...
          X