WinXP and Geforce 3 Ti500 Scroll Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WinXP and Geforce 3 Ti500 Scroll Problems

i was wondering if anyone else was having problems with the scroll speed of Civ3 while running WinXP prof and Geforce 3 Ti500's. i've got a 1.3 Ghtz Processor so it can't be my comp. does anyone have any solutions. i heard somewhere abt rolling back the driver to detonator >12.83. but i don't want to do this. is there any other method to fix this problem or is this being fixed in the patch?

Re: WinXP and Geforce 3 Ti500 Scroll Problems

can't be my comp
    You have Windows XP so it very well could be your comp.

Comment

I have that exact problem.

The scrolling is so bad that the game is unplayable for me - it's back on the shelf until (if) Firaxis releases a patch that fixes this.

I'm running Win2kPro but, like you, I have a GeForce3 - I've seen a fair number of people report problems with the same vid card and this title.

I'm not rolling back to earlier drivers because all the other games I play are quite happy with the 21.83 (or whatever) release.

Sod it!

was
      -+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
      vote with a bullet

Comment

I have a 1.4GHz Athlon and a Geforce 3 TI500, and the scroll rate is miserable, such that I do not bother scrolling and instead navigate by clicking on the minimap.

Comment

NVIDIA

I have a NVIDIA TNT2 M64 PCI on AMD 900 MHz and 128MB with Windows 98SE and Linux Mandrake 8.1, and my game play experience is very fast than civilizantion 2 gold ed, civ tot and/or civ CTP I / II.

I'm using NVIDIA drivers v12.41

I have change a register entry on
          HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SYSTEM/CLASSES/DYSPLAY/0001/NVIDIA/DIRECTDRAW/overlaymode
          to "2"..

On mode "1" the game is very slow!
          [b]I'm the Harvok of the Anunakins[b]

Comment

Working...
          X