French

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• French

We really need to protest against Infogrames.
    Who would be interested to work on a French translation of the game? (I'm starting work tonight)
    email me at: oncleboris@yahoo.ca
    In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

This will take much less time than the German translation. All you need to translate for the diplomatic screen is one phrase, "We Surrender"...

Venger
    P.S. Yes, I give the Frogs a hard time, and Louisiana is a toilet, but I do appreciate the fact you all helped my country get it's independence and all, so y'all ain't so bad. Plus, you invented Mayonaisse. Thanks Pierre!!!

Venger

Comment

Hmmmm...

Actually your post is only half funny. Do you really believe Louisiana is a toilet? (but I give you a for the We surrender joke.)

Comment

New Orleans is simply one of the finest cities in America. I don't know about the rest of the state...

Check with Infogrames to see if there is an official "localization" project. Based on what I saw of the German effort, it's a tall order for a fan-based movement to acomplish. Not impossible, just difficult and complicated.

Comment

Originally posted by Oncle Boris
          Hmmmm...

Actually your post is only half funny. Do you really believe Louisiana is a toilet?
          I cannot stand the state. It's eminently corrupt, backwards, and horribly run. The system of laws is atrocious. I know alot of people think New Orleans and Mardi Gras is grand (unless you get stopped by a cop, the most corrupt force in America), but getting drunk and having fat ugly women flash their unattractive breasts in a mass of drunken vomiting humanity pretty much speaks for what the state has to offer...

(but I give you a for the We surrender joke.)
          But nothing for the Mayonaisse line?

Venger

Comment

Well, I don't want to go off-topic, but you misspelled "Mayonnaise."

And anyway, I found Louisiana to be a fine place. If anything is wrong with it, don't forget the US had more than 150 years to change it, which they didn't...

In any case, I should just hit myself for taking you seriously.

Comment

Lets not forget where that great icon of america, the Statue of Liberty, was originally made !

And the french did roll over for the nazis, thats true - but napoleon had his day, and the war against the english invasion (the joan of arc stuff) i think is pretty impressive ... not to mention non-war - art and culture of real france is high.

Its just in recent history that the french have gone .. urrr ... *flush*

Cheers!
              ~Alex
              "Nothing exists except atoms and empty space; everything else is opinion"
              -Democritus of Abdera

Comment

Re: French

Originally posted by Oncle Boris
                We really need to protest against Infogrames.
                Who would be interested to work on a French translation of the game? (I'm starting work tonight)
                email me at: oncleboris@yahoo.ca
                I started last week with a Spanish translation, but when I realized the "German Trouble", I stopped immediatly. I think It isn't a good idea to do it, and it's even worse to announce it on a public forum

Yes, I give the Frogs a hard time, and Louisiana is a toilet, but I do appreciate the fact you all helped my country get it's independence and all, so y'all ain't so bad.
                One of the biggests sins of France ; I won't forgive them ever. (Well, in fact Spain did the same, but that really doesn't matter )
                "Son españoles... los que no pueden ser otra cosa" (Cánovas del Castillo)
                "España es un problema, Europa su solución" (Ortega y Gasset)
                The Spanish Civilization Site
                "Déjate llevar por la complejidad y cabalga sobre ella" - Niessuh, sabio cívico

Comment

Originally posted by Venger
                  Plus, you invented Mayonaisse. Thanks Pierre!!!
                  No, I think they didn't even invent Mayonnaise, they stole it from the Spaniards.
                  "An intellectual is a man who doesn't know how to park a bike"
                  - Spiro T. Agnew

Comment

Originally posted by ThaddeusAlexander Its just in recent history that the french have gone .. urrr ... *flush*
                    The best thing about France is Eastenders in Calais.
                    There are no stupid questions, but there are a lot of inquisitive idiots.

Comment

The mayonnaise was certainly invented in Spain, but the cook who is credited with the invention was of French origin. What the French definitely stole from the Spanish was the custard (a.k.a flan) and the "French" (?) toast (a.k.a torrija).

Comment

Well the biggest contribution to humanity from the French is without doubt the French Revolution in 1789. LIBERTE, IGUALITE,FRATERNITE (must be bad spellen).

I also love the power the workers have there when strikes are made. Is beautifull to see the lack the trashman's do in Paris when they strike 2 or 3 weeks.
                        I do not want to achieve immortality threw my work. I want to achieve it threw not dying - Woody Allen

Comment

Working...
                        X