Patch Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Patch Update

Hey guys. I wanted to drop you a line about the upcoming patch. We've sent it off to testing and baring any unforeseen problems it should be available some time next week. That is not a promise that it WILL be available next week however, since any number of things can cause a reset. We're on v1.14f right now, it being the 7th patch we've submitted to testing, only to find showstoppers.

Just keeping you in the loop.

Jeff

Any chance you could give us a list of fixes please?

Comment

Jeff,
      The update on the status of the patch is appreciated very much indeed!

Thank you!

Peoux

Comment

Thanks for the reality check!
        Rule 37: "There is no 'overkill'. There is only 'open fire' and 'I need to reload'."
        http://www.schlockmercenary.com/ 23 Feb 2004

Comment

Cool. Thanks for the update.
          Orange and Tangerine Juice. More mellow than an orange, more orangy than a tangerine. It's alot like me, but without all the pulp.

~~ Shamelessly stolen from someone with talent.

Comment

Will old saves work?

Does anyone know if your old saves will work after the patch is applied?

Comment

Thank you for the update. We appreciate any and all info you can share with us, like this.

Comment

Re: Patch Update

Originally posted by Jeffrey Morris FIRAXIS
                Just keeping you in the loop.

Jeff
                And we definately appreciate it
                Good luck, hope this one makes it through
                I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Yes, thank you very much for creating a game that eats up hours upon hours of my time! The patch will cause me to spend even more time playing! Woohoo!

Comment

Re: Patch Update

Oh, and any info on what actually made it into the patch would also be nice
                    I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Right On

By chance is it a "multiplayer patch" and if not could you let us know that you guys/gals if any are working on one but thanks for the update right on!!!!

Comment

Thanks, Jeff! Though some people on these boards are just complaining, I'd like to speek for myself and say that I LOVE Civ 3 -- as soon as some of those bugs are patched out, I'll just love it even more! Thank you so much for keeping us up to date -- personally, that's all I really want from Faraxis (keeping us up to date, answers to some of our questions, and (of course) the patch itself ). Keep up the good work, and good luck with the testing!

-- adaMada
                        Civ 3 Democracy Game:
                        PTW Game: Proud member of the Roleplay Team, and Ambassador to Glory of War
                        Intersite PTW Game: Member of Apolyton

Comment

This is a massive list of things we want fixed

Join the army, travel to foreign countries, meet exotic people -
                          and kill them!

Comment

Old saves should be backwards compatible, as should old BIC files.

Dan
                            Dan Magaha
                            Firaxis Games, Inc.
                            --------------------------

Comment

Dan...pls look at our list of what we deem are "needed fixes"...no one is expecting miracles.... but forums of this nature are going to be your best bet in fixing a bugged game.....

if you fix early mistakes the community will feel like they have been heard and will likely be less critical of this game you have put out...

the potential is here, now lets polish up this rough little diamond you have created
                              Boston Red Sox are 2004 World Series Champions!

Comment

Working...
                              X