Returning my copy until Air Bug is fixed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Returning my copy until Air Bug is fixed

Yeah, guess the only way we are going to get a timely patch for this HUGE bug is to return the game until they fix it.

Pretty disappointed in this iteration of the Civ series. I have bought all of Sid's games and this is the first one to disappoint.

all in all its not a bad game but the air bug really messes the game up at the end.

I have 3 games going, all of them on hold because of the STUPID AIR BUG.

DAMN, fix it already, sheesh. This is a MAJOR BUG!

The "air bug" isn't game-stopping, you just need to adjust your strategies. You return it, I'll keep playing.

Comment

Well, the patch will come 'soon'. I bet before the return shows up on your credit card Not that that is saying too much

Cheers,

Dr. Charm

Comment

What exactly is the "Air Bug"?

Is this going to screw up my game once I get into the industrial age?
        "Decadent Western Infidel On Board"
        "Even Hell Has It's Heroes"

Comment

Re: What exactly is the "Air Bug"?

Originally posted by Ghengis Brom
          Is this going to screw up my game once I get into the industrial age?
          No, but it will make your fighters/jet fighters/f15's useless, and it will make you very mad to see that the AI can shoot down your bombers (while you can't). And it's during the modern age where the effect is felt the most.

BTW, anyone know whats the use of the "stealth fighter"? Looks like it's main purpose is for bombing, rather redundant don't you think?

Comment

Your gonna return it, wait for them to fix it and then go buy it again?

Why not just not play it and wait for them to fix it??
            Im sorry Mr Civ Franchise, Civ3 was DOA

Comment

Lets see, why would I return a game because it isn't finished?

The air bug means your fighters are useless. If your fighters are useless there is NO way to stop bombers from hammering your units. Same with SAM batteries, useless.

The AI builds bombers LIKE CRAZY.

Developing tactics is a lamer idea for people who are OK with a substandard release.

How about I PAY FOR THE GAME WHEN ITS DONE or is that such a hard concept to understand?

Sheesh, no wonder game companies get by with screwing over their customers. The customers suck it up and beg for more.

Comment

I think we just find it rather odd that:

1) you are going to return the game, and then rebuy it when the air superiority bug is fixed (apparently in the first patch)

2) that you are so important and yet find the time to post here to let us know how things are going with you

3) feel that you need to insult people who respond to your post.

Cheers,

Dr. Charm

Comment

Originally posted by Wrong_shui
                  Your gonna return it, wait for them to fix it and then go buy it again?

Why not just not play it and wait for them to fix it??
                  Good point!

These "return the game" threats, is always so laughable then they are based on a single bug only. If the whole underlying game-mechanics was wrong (like in CTP), I would certainly understand it better.

Comment

I can totally understand the return impulse. It's the 'rebuy in a few days' impulse that I find odd

Cheers,

Dr. Charm

Comment

Working...
                    X