Do Recycling Centers work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do Recycling Centers work?

For once, I remembered to check the pollution of a city before and after building a Recycling Center. When I gave the building order, the city had a factory, hydro power through the Hoover Dam, and mass transit, which had reduced its pollution to three smoke stacks (or skulls, actually). Six or seven turns later the Recycling Center is ready, and lo and behold, the city still produces three smoke stacks. It may have grown by one resident during that time, but no other major changes had taken place.

So, do Recycling Centers actually do something?

Did someone already solve the pullution formula? Maybe pollution from shields is so small that the recycling centers dont help.
    I always see my Mass Transit reducing almost all of the pollution, leaving me with two or three, and then the Rec. Centers do nothing or almost nothing.
    "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

They have made a huge difference in my game...

Comment

Well, the recycling center only reduces pollution from buildings, so the factory, airport, coal plant, manufacturing plant, and the Ironworks small wonder are affected by it.
        DarkMatter

As soon as men decide that all means are permitted to fight an evil, then their good becomes indistinguishable from the evil that they set out to destroy.
        -Christopher Dawson, The Judgment of Nations, 1942

Comment

Working...
        X