Stupid Governors Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stupid Governors Question

I apologize for the simplicity of this, but um, how do I completely turn off the city governors (is that possible) and what is the default build (if any) if they are turned off? Alternatively, is there a way to command them to produce just wealth. I see the maximize options, but never anything specified.

Thanks and sorry for the obviousness of the question.

I know its the most annoying part of the game having to change production back to a certain unit after one is already built to overide the governets choice. I don't think it can be turned off though.
    Alex

Comment

Its very annoying. How many times do i have to tell the govenor that I really, really don't want to build Sun Tzu Art of War under any circumstances. It gets pretty tedious.
      I don't do drugs anymore 'cause i find i can get the same effect by standing up really fast.

I live in my own little world, but its ok; they know me here.

Comment

But Sun-Tzu has all those cool swords!
        "It is double pleasure to deceive the deceiver" - Jean de La Fontaine

Comment

Thanks for the responses. I thought I read somewhere here that you could turn it off, but so far I guess maybe not

Comment

Re: Stupid Governors Question

Originally posted by Raleigh
            Alternatively, is there a way to command them to produce just wealth.
            1. Right Cick on any City and select contact governor.
            2. Click on Production at the top of the dialog. Set it as in the image I attach.
            Attached Files
            Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Thanks, I'm sorry, I should have been clearer. Does producing "wealth" mean they will only produce money or does that mean it will produce things like market places?

Comment

Originally posted by Raleigh
                Thanks, I'm sorry, I should have been clearer. Does producing "wealth" mean they will only produce money or does that mean it will produce things like market places?
                I don't know. Have not tested it out. But I believe that Market Places goes under Trade.

Comment

Re: Re: Stupid Governors Question

Originally posted by Gramphos

1. Right Cick on any City and select contact governor.
                  2. Click on Production at the top of the dialog. Set it as in the image I attach.
                  Interesting governors screen. I've never seen one that detailed. All I've ever seen is one that is quite a bit shorter.

How did you get that particular one?
                  'Meddle not in the affairs of dragons
                  For thou art crunchy
                  And go well with ketchup.'

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Stupid Governors Question

Originally posted by Elowan

Interesting governors screen. I've never seen one that detailed. All I've ever seen is one that is quite a bit shorter.

How did you get that particular one?
                    You must have seen the general one (Note the two words at the top of the screen. Click on Production to get to that one.)

Comment

Du'oh!

Thnx!
                      'Meddle not in the affairs of dragons
                      For thou art crunchy
                      And go well with ketchup.'

Comment

Originally posted by Green Giant
                        Its very annoying. How many times do i have to tell the govenor that I really, really don't want to build Sun Tzu Art of War under any circumstances. It gets pretty tedious.
                        Well, first of all, if you have the choice to build the art of war, and you turn it DOWN, you are rather foolish. It is an excellent wonder if you can afford it. Though maybe you're fine with chieftain.

How do you do it? Select a governer in any city. Select "production". Select "never build wonders" and select "all cities" next to it.

Never failed me.
                        Tremble, foolish mortal, for I am the mighty SPEARMAN, and I shall destroy you where you stand!

Comment

Really, I haven't built the art of war yet, is it really that good?

I'm on my third game of prince (and Aztec) and am finally doing well but only competitively well (i.e. everyone is about the same power level, except the Iroquois who destroyed the french very early and have 36 cities on a large map!). I wonder if the art of war would have made a diff?

Comment

The governors do not work properly, I hope they fix it in the patch. I have mine set not to build naval and air units and still they build privateers and jet fighters like crazy. Once again, great idea, poorly implemented.

Comment

Working...
                            X