Should I buy it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I buy it?

I posted this poll and thread to see how many people like, and dislike the game...and see everyones views on it, whether good or bad.
    Yes buy it!!! Its the best game ever!
    38.64%
    Yes buy it. Its good but not the best.
    29.55%
    You can buy it, but there are alot of flaws.
    18.18%
    I didn't like it, But its your choice.
    2.27%
    I wouldn't suggest buying it.
    6.82%
    Don't even bother.
    4.55%
    Last edited by Tolkien; November 23, 2001, 22:02.
    One Ring to rule them all,
    One Ring to find them,
    One Ring to bring them all,
    And in the darkness bind them.

I give it a strong recomendation. Sure, it has got problems, bugs, etc., but it is still the best computer game I've played in years. I think the biggest problem is the interception bug, but I'm counting on that being fixed in the first patch. Many of the other gripes are things that can be changed in the editor, and I've already changed a number of things to fit my own personal taste.

It is disappointing that you cannot create scenarios, but I'm hoping for a patch on that, too. Still, even without that, the unmodded SP should be enough to last for months.

In all, I say but it.

Now, if you will excuse me, the French must be crushed into submission!

Comment

If you liked the other ones

If you played and liked MOO,MOO2, Civ, CIV2, SMAC, SMACX then you will probably like this game as well and burn a lot of extra time.
      If you don't like reality, change it! me
      "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
      "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
      "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Yes, definitely buy it BUT stay away from the LE version. It is not worth the extra $. Believe me because I bought it.
        "To live again, to be.........again" Captain Kirk in some Star Trek Episode. (The one with the bad guy named Henok)
        "One day you may have to think for yourself and heaven help us all when that time comes" Some condescending jerk.

Comment

Yeah, its worth buying, just note that the AI expands through the whole map by about 1000 Ad, which forces you to go to war - meaning its very hard to win witout going to war.
          Alex

Comment

Originally posted by Simpleton
            Yes, definitely buy it BUT stay away from the LE version. It is not worth the extra $. Believe me because I bought it.
            Agreed (to the letter). The bit about having bought the LE and not being thrilled included.

-- adaMada
            Civ 3 Democracy Game:
            PTW Game: Proud member of the Roleplay Team, and Ambassador to Glory of War
            Intersite PTW Game: Member of Apolyton

Comment

Thanx guys for the replies. I can see that most people think it is great, and with only a few flaws.

p.s. I planned on buying it no matter what, just no $$ yet.

p.s.s. Note that I have been at apolotyn longer than most of you guys (almost two years I believe), its just I am under a new username 'cause of technical and email problems. So I know plenty about the game and everything, its not like I am a newby.
              One Ring to rule them all,
              One Ring to find them,
              One Ring to bring them all,
              And in the darkness bind them.

Comment

Originally posted by Tolkien

p.s.s. Note that I have been at apolotyn longer than most of you guys (almost two years I believe), its just I am under a new username 'cause of technical and email problems.
                Yet another troll?

(Tolkien, don't get upset, I believe you're excuse.)
                "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

Working...
                X