Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My game of Civ3...only aliens can declare war on me now....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My game of Civ3...only aliens can declare war on me now....

because I have mutual defense pacts with all the other civs.

Is this silly or what?

So how does this work. If CivA attacks CivB, and I am required to go in against CivA, does Civs C-G go with me or will they go only go in if I am directly attacked?

What happens to my pact with CivA if I go to war against them due to my pact with B?

Will this end my boredom with Civ3? Civ3 should be renamed Civ3-Wimps of Time...this is the most silly peacenik game I could imagine.

I dk about you but on prince I have been in several wars, sometimes b/c I wouldn't give in to the demands of my neighbors who had equal armies. I wiped out the americans.

Last game I was in a defense pact, I lost because we got whupped 3-2.

Maybe it is just the game you are in. Also, they expire every 20 years and your partners may not want to renew or may ask you to pay through the nose to do it.

Comment

In my current game I just finished a world war (which I started). But I have been in wars that the computer started. I almost feel at some times that I have no choice but to go to war. I think that one has to go to war a lot more than in Civ2.
      Donate to the American Red Cross.
      Computer Science or Engineering Student? Compete in the Microsoft Imagine Cup today!.

Comment

Re: My game of Civ3...only aliens can declare war on me now....

Originally posted by jimmytrick
        because I have mutual defense pacts with all the other civs.

Is this silly or what?

So how does this work. If CivA attacks CivB, and I am required to go in against CivA, does Civs C-G go with me or will they go only go in if I am directly attacked?

What happens to my pact with CivA if I go to war against them due to my pact with B?
        i'm not 100% sure for more than 3 civs(including the human), but i was pacted with both the french and the egyptians in a game. they were both in a pact as well.
        the egyptians attacked me, and the french were automatically in war with the egyptians
        Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
        Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
        giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

it can result in a hobbesian state (all against all) i had a very brutal endgame once...overlapping mutual pacts everywhere, and one spark was enough. usually, though, there are huge blocks that tend to forms and soon someone is dead meat. usually 3-2 ratio or a member of a 3-3 coalition stranded on a hostile continent

Comment

If you have pacts with every other civ then:

Whoever is attacked first (D) will be the person you side with.

You will declare war on the aggressor (A), as will everyone else (E) who had a defence pact with D.

All other pacts/treaties/trade you had with A will cease automatically.

If you, D or E then go and attack A on his home ground then anyone who still has a defence agreement with A will declare war on the new aggressor immediately. So pretty soon a web of defence pacts results in a world war. The best thing you can do is not attack anyone on their home turf until they have attacked you personally on your turf so activating all your defensive allies pacts. This doesn't stop you sending troops to defend your ally in his own country.
            To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
            H.Poincaré

Comment

Working...
            X