No announcement yet.

Stop Complaining About Resources

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

venger, WHY are u still playing civ3? certainly u aren't this masochistic are u? surely if this many things are wrong with the game, there has to be something else to do with your time. instead of torturing yourself with a game u quite obviuosly hate. If I was ur therapist I would recommend you only engage in recreational activities you enjoy, not ones that drive you batty. and force other ppl to read endless complaining.

Comment

I think this will be my last post concerning this topic. It will be my last attempt at trying to change people's views. Here it goes:

Look at the resources as something you don't deserve. Look at it right from the start as something you're going to have to fight for. If you control 60% of the map, then oil will appear in the other 40% of the map. Approach each game like that, cause it's part of the game.

Comment

Things to consider (which you may have done already).

1) Setting the age of the world on the game setup screen will affect how "Clumped" or not resources are.

2) Coal/oil etc doesn`t appear until a later stage in the game probably on a preset trigger of some sort.

3) There are other ways of winning if you find you can`t get oil for your army. If it looks like that then change your tactics and go for a spaceship win or UN or something.....

4) If you find that a civ won`t trade their oil, it could be because of your earlier dealings with them or the fact you went to war with them etc so how you play the game from the start could be affecting things later on when it comes to diplomacy and trading
        /shrug

Anyway, I dont think the resources are bugged and I have a feeling they are working as intended.
        Personally I see it as more of a challenge and adapt my play-style accordingly which makes me happier and more of a challenge than the usual gang bang wars that you always ended up having in Civ 2.

Perhaps thats were the problem is. The warlords amongst us find it hard to play the game any other way? (Just a thought)

Regards

--

Comment

Working...
        X