Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Higher than 1024x768 resolution possible?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Higher than 1024x768 resolution possible?

Having come from Civ 2 were your windows resolution was your limit I'm dissappointed to see Civ 3 only runs in 1024x768. As I used to enjoy playing in 1600x1200 on my 21" monitor giving you a big area of the map visible helped see overall strategy and game development well. Anyway to customise the res in CivIII?

Yeah, there is a civ3.ini file in your game directory, open that up, then add the line Keepres=1 to the bottom. This will force Civ3 to run on the resolution you have your desktop set to.

Hope this helps!

Comment

well...the file is called civilization3.Ini actually. But I notice that it doesn't stretch to fit your screen.
      "Careful? Was my mother careful when she stabbed me in the heart with a coat hanger while I was still in the womb?" -SP

Comment

per the readme file that mentions this "tweak" all screens that are a fixed 1024x768 will stay that way, but the main world map should fill the screen.

Comment

there is a readme on the cd i think that says how to do it.. you have to add 2 lines to the civ3.ini file. i run the game at 1600x1200
          I spend most my money on Wine, Women and Song.. the rest i just waste.

Comment

For more details, check out this thread: http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...threadid=35105
            "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

I'm playing on 1280x1024 using the keepres=1 line in the civilization3.ini

works fine.
              Only the 'main menu' doens't stretch. The game does.
              Formerly known as "CyberShy"
              Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

Working...
              X