More complaints, sigh...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More complaints, sigh...

Playing as a peaceful France, trying to "get into" the lame cultural concepts.....

I find myself attacked and I CANNOT UPGRADE SPEARMEN AND PIKEMEN to musketmen because my UU is the musketeer.

This is insane.

I demand it be patched.

Secondly, I cannot designate a defender for a square. This is still another huge devolution from SMAC.

I DEMAND BRIAN REYNOLDS BE HIRED BACK SO THAT WE CAN GET SOME RATIONAL PATCHING DONE!

Can the french upgrade a pikeman to rifeman? I've never played the french so I don't know. If not that would be a even bigger problem if they couldn't.

Comment

I foresee flames

Comment

Why dont you just give in, like the cheese eating surrender monky that you are.

Btw if you dont watch the simpsons, that was a joke.
        Im sorry Mr Civ Franchise, Civ3 was DOA

Comment

If I am going to neglect my job, health, family, friends, cat, dog, CNN, and political aspirations to play this stupid game 24/7 then I WANT MY SPIES BACK!

Brian is better than Sid, Brian is better than Sid, na na na na....

Comment

...but without Sid, there wouldn't be any Civilization series at all. Touché!
            "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

I didn't say Sid was a never do well, I am saying he is a has been. Reynolds rules...

Comment

Re: More complaints, sigh...

Originally posted by jimmytrick
                I find myself attacked and I CANNOT UPGRADE SPEARMEN AND PIKEMEN to musketmen because my UU is the musketeer.
                I noticed this as well: I was playing Germany and I couldn't upgrade my knights to Cossacks. I would seem unique units can't be upgraded from their lesser counterparts. It is an interesting bug. I'm sure it will be fixed in the patch.

Cheers,

-Pacific_Wing
                Honk! If you hate noise pollution.

Comment

that's what you get for playing the french

just be glad all your cities don't surrender when attacked by the germans.

and yes this is an intended feature. special units are just that. special. although from your example, they should be upgradable to regular musket men. I never played the french so I'm not sure. Same with russia. They should be able to upgrade to calvary, but not the special unit. They wouldn't be that special if you can upgrade a horseman or swordman to them would they?

this should be an easy fix. allow the french to build musket men along with the musketeer, and allow the russians to build calvary along with cossacks.

Comment

Re: Re: More complaints, sigh...

Originally posted by Pacific_Wing

I noticed this as well: I was playing Germany and I couldn't upgrade my knights to Cossacks. I would seem unique units can't be upgraded from their lesser counterparts. It is an interesting bug. I'm sure it will be fixed in the patch.

Cheers,

-Pacific_Wing
                    Not to be picky

But I hope they don't patch it so Germany can upgrade knights to Cossacks. The Russians might get POed.

RAH
                    Sorry couldn't pass it up.
                    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Re: Re: Re: More complaints, sigh...

Originally posted by rah

Not to be picky

But I hope they don't patch it so Germany can upgrade knights to Cossacks. The Russians might get POed.

RAH
                      Sorry couldn't pass it up.
                      Ack!

That's what happens when I post before I've had my nap.

Cheers,

-Pacific_Wing
                      Honk! If you hate noise pollution.

Comment

Haha bad luck jimmytrick

Disbanding useless units inside a city while building a unit will give you shields.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                          X