No announcement yet.

Cultural Victory...In THIRD Place....!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cultural Victory...In THIRD Place....!

I was playing as the Persians on Chieftain (Dont laugh) and I was in third place. My neighbors the French and the Egyptians far to the south had MUCH higher scores than me. I did seem to be SLIGHTLY more advanced than the French...not really sure about Egypt's technology. I also had built every Wonder but one.

All of a sudden, with no warning, this box pops up saying "You Have Won a Cultural Victory!"

WTF! I'll take a win here and it's cool to win in a new way but sheesh! I wasn't really winning IMO...

You pretty much answered your own question there. You built almost every wonder around, and the wonders all produce culture each turn. Together, they'll produce a MASSIVE amount of culture.

As for the overall score, culture is just one part of it. If the Egyptians have a huge empire, they'll be ahead of you simply because you get points for population. Just last night, I won a Space Race victory, but only finished third in overall score because my empire was the smallest surviving one in the end.

Comment

Originally posted by Kekkonen
      You pretty much answered your own question there. You built almost every wonder around, and the wonders all produce culture each turn. Together, they'll produce a MASSIVE amount of culture.

As for the overall score, culture is just one part of it. If the Egyptians have a huge empire, they'll be ahead of you simply because you get points for population. Just last night, I won a Space Race victory, but only finished third in overall score because my empire was the smallest surviving one in the end.
      So I guess the thing to remember is that the score is only worthwhile for Rank victories and other than that should be ignored...

Comment

Rank victories AND BOASTING. Don't forget that.

Comment

go to cultural advisor screen

if your total cultural output reaches 100,000 (with at least twice the lead over the next runner up) or your best city has a cultural output of over 20,000 you win.

Comment

Working...
          X