This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do we punish Firaxis?

I've heard it over and over again in these forums and the picture is pretty clear. Civ 3 is a product that should never have been released at its state.

Game playability, compatibility, resource-balancing, etc. etc... key areas of the game are just intolerable for that good "civing experiencing." Yes, there are some good features. But on the whole, this is not Civilization 3. Sid Meiers has never created a product so laden with such serious playability problems.

How do we punish Firaxis and other companies involved for this blatant act of corporate irresponsibility and stupidity? I'm quite angered that they actually thought they could get away with this. Consumers must take action to punish this type of corporate behaviour, or they tacitly approve that they can be sold a piece of lemon like this.

Rise to arms, my fellow civers and list some ideas here!

How do we punish Firaxis and other companies involved for this blatant act of corporate irresponsibility and stupidity?
    Having read this drivel, I feel punished.

Don't like it? Don't buy it. Otherwise, quit assuming that you have some divine right to satisfaction.

Comment

Frankly, I feel that I have ripped off Firaxis by only paying them 60 bucks for the game, being the honest soul that I am, I'm still trying to find a way to paypal them their extra money.
      http://monkspider.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by SuiteSisterMary

Having read this drivel, I feel punished.

Don't like it? Don't buy it. Otherwise, quit assuming that you have some divine right to satisfaction.

Don't like it? Don't read it. Otherwise, quit assuming that you have some divine right to satisfaction.
        ...tried to sit in my lap while I was standing up. Marlowe
        The revolution is not only televised, but 40% off. T.
        You SCROOOOOOOED it up, Bobby Terry!! Walkin Dude

Comment

Don't like people not liking to read it? Then don't read that they read it. Otherwise, quit assuming that you have some divine right to satisfaction.

Comment

Here are some ideas from your humble servant:

-Get a Class lawsuit experienced Lawyer and pay it for 5000 an hour without resorting from your daddy's wallet.
            -Post desultory posts on Firaxis to every newsgroups in the Internet. Maybe some members of alt.homosexual or alt.sos.Kiribati will get the message and join your cause.
            -Play CTP2. Maybe the rumor that it's a great game is true after all.
            -Quit playing too much electronic games and complaining about them in the process. Bill Gates and Larry Ellison don't play games. Succesful people avoid meddling with games. There's a real world outthere. Now conquer the real thing, not some bytes called "the AI".

With all due respect, all power to you

Comment

Umm... who keeps taking alt.cascade out of the newsgroups line???
              ...tried to sit in my lap while I was standing up. Marlowe
              The revolution is not only televised, but 40% off. T.
              You SCROOOOOOOED it up, Bobby Terry!! Walkin Dude

Comment

If you feel so strongly about it, write a letter to them. Tell them about how the gaming industry is ripping off their consumers, releasing unfinished products and then waiting forever and a day to patch them, or in some cases not patching them at all. Tell them you won't stand for it, and will never buy another game again. Or, you could quit assuming that you have some devine right to satisfaction and realize that even unfinished drivel is enough to make you life better....

(sorry, had to continue the chain)

Comment

It's too bad there are so many self-depreciating morons who think we should be grateful for any crumbs a gaming corporation (or any other corporation for that matter) cares to drop. Having said that, I believe there is some significant consumer resistance developing amoung the more politically and commercially aware civ fans. Finding a way to communicate that to the potential Christmas market is the trick, especially given the sycophantic reviews of most electronic gaming mags and sites. How about someone setting up an 'anti-fan' site, complete with some game reviews based on actual play throughs by actual civ fans?
                  Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

For every loony www.ihateciv.com site that is created, there will be hundreds of sites like Apolyton. May I respectfully suggest you go back to your "l33t" FPS games, "d00d".

Comment

Unless someone can give me a reason otherwise, I place the blame squarely on Infogrames, not Firaxis.

It's too bad they don't have the same publisher as Blizzard.

Comment

Those who want to punish Firaxis and Infogrames, could for instance stop buying their products and start a campaign for better products. Then there's a second oprtion ( IMO a much better one ); burning your Civ III copies and dancing raindance around the fire. After that, stop posting on ASCF.
                        "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

Civ3 is a great game. It has some bugs, but nothing I've seen that is unpatchable.

Comment

Originally posted by monkspider
                            For every loony www.ihateciv.com site that is created, there will be hundreds of sites like Apolyton. May I respectfully suggest you go back to your "l33t" FPS games, "d00d".
                            What makes you think that someone who checks out Apolyton first would buy the game? And what's "l33t" FPS games, "d00d"?
                            Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

Civ3 is a WONDERFUL game...but has bugs...

Not like CS...it is a WONDERFUL game...and doesn't have bugs -EXCEPT FOR

Thinks should go nuclear if we don't get patches that sort out proper concern AND NOT JUST PERSONAL PREFERENCES...we need a decent editor that can allow us to make of civ3 what we will!

Comment

Working...
                              X