No announcement yet.

Civ3's Longetivity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm still having hopes on a patch and on the expansion pack...
    "BANANA POWAAAAH!!! (exclamation Zopperoni style)" - Mercator, in the OT 'What fruit are you?' thread
    Join the Civ2 Democratic Game! We have a banana option in every poll just for you to vote for!
    Many thanks to Zealot for wasting his time on the jobs section at Gamasutra - MarkG in the article SMAC2 IN FULL 3D? http://apolyton.net/misc/
    Always thought settlers looked like Viking helmets. Took me a while to spot they were supposed to be wagons. - The pirate about Settlers in Civ 1

Comment

Originally posted by Morganstern
      There is a significant gap between your third and fourth answers - you can really like the game without either declaring it an instant classic, OR deciding you'll be going back to CIV 2 soon.
      Very true. In fact, if you like Civ3 even a tiny bit more than Civ2, you're not going to go back to Civ2. I can imagine that a significant proportion of pollees would like Civ3 at least a little bit more - but there is nowhere in the poll for such people to vote.

But I don't think anyone's pretending that the poll isn't loaded...

Comment

Originally posted by Pyrodrew

There is no vote between these 2???
        I second this. But I don't think Kaak actually wanted anyone to give a realistic positive vote anyway, given other threads of his that I've read.
        kmj

Comment

I think Civ III has the potential to surpass Civ II, it certainly has more sophisticated AI and has improved so much from Civ II. The cultural influence, resources/trade and military tactics are impressive. Remember moving all those workers and caravans all around? These workers for the most part know what to do!

I think a big distinction between Civ III (Civ II) and CTP or SMAC is that they have concentrated on fewer advances and city improvements, which can get tedious in those futuristic games. This and more concentration on ancient and middle ages periods will again (I hope) make Civ III a winner in the end.

A significant patch will certainly help.

Comment

I'm on my second game now but still playing chieftan. I'm holding my own (finally) and I'm almost used to all the commands, concepts, and so on. I really like the game and I can't see myself ever going back to Civ2. I think the game will be more interesting once I move up to regent. That'll be my next game.
            Formerly known as Masuro.
            The sun never sets on a PBEM game.

Comment

Working...
            X