Inciting a Civil War

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inciting a Civil War

One of my favourite features from Civ 1 (and one I'm sadly missing in this game...) was when you captured an enemy capital there was a chance that the fall of the capital could incite a Civil War and divide the Civ into two.

I still remember the first game I ever won on Emperor so many years ago... The Indians were 2 turns from reaching Alpha Centauri. I assembled a task force, nuked Dehli and landed about 10 tanks on Indian soil. The next turn I took Dehli, recalling the space ship to earth, and instantly divided the Indians into the Indians and Russians.

Sure it made NO sense historically, but it was a damn cool feature. Anyone else miss it? Great for tactics also--- the fall of the capital actually MEANT something, unlike Civ3 where another city becomes the "instant" capital.

Dunno about the civil war thing, but I'd figure that capturing a capital should have X chance of causing anarchy. Say, high probability under a Monarchy, middling in Democracy or Republic, and low under Communism.

Comment

ya, i rember that

it happened to me once too.. i tool london and the americans formed their own empire.. it rocked
      I spend most my money on Wine, Women and Song.. the rest i just waste.

Comment

I did it in civ2, it ruled.
        Im sorry Mr Civ Franchise, Civ3 was DOA

Comment

Ah, that's too much strategy, dudes
          Go back to your civIII pollution&corruption houseworks

I know, it is a stupid post. I just wanted to know what it feels like to be stupid, for once
          The ice was here, the ice was there, the ice was all around: it cracked and growled and roared and howled like noises in a swound!

Comment

Working...
          X