Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does the AI take advantage of CIVMOD.BIC changes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does the AI take advantage of CIVMOD.BIC changes?

Hi,
    I just wanted to know, with the secenario editor and all these emerging mods...

Does the AI REALLY take advantage of them.

For instance, just before my last game I added the ability to irrigate hills... I havn't seen anu AI civs irrigating hills!

If the AI doesn't use them then I feel like I'm just cheating.
    ------------------------------------
    Cheers
    Exeter.
    -------------------------------------

Excellent question. bump.

Comment

hum... good question. Soren has said that it can accept some changes, but not others. The example he used was that it should be able to handle a lower curruption level, but probably can't handle a tank that can also found cities. I'm not sure about stuff in the middle, though... anyone know? Maybe Soren could help us a bit more ?

-- adaMada
      Civ 3 Democracy Game:
      PTW Game: Proud member of the Roleplay Team, and Ambassador to Glory of War
      Intersite PTW Game: Member of Apolyton

Comment

I started a new game last night... it is 500AD and the Egyptians are irrigating hills.

Not only are they irrigating hills, but their starting location was just south of a huge hill region... they are settling cities in the middle of the hills and are irrigating so they have some chance of growing.

I'm pretty happy about that.

Thumbs up to Soren!

Maybe their play testing was dedicated to the AI customability... their must be some excuse for some of the lack of GUI features...

Like UNIT STACKING!

(I want to keep bumping this issue so it will be in CIV IV!)

------------------------------------
        Cheers
        Exeter.
        -------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by exeter0
          I started a new game last night... it is 500AD and the Egyptians are irrigating hills.

Not only are they irrigating hills, but their starting location was just south of a huge hill region... they are settling cities in the middle of the hills and are irrigating so they have some chance of growing.

I'm pretty happy about that.

Thumbs up to Soren!

Maybe their play testing was dedicated to the AI customability... their must be some excuse for some of the lack of GUI features...

Like UNIT STACKING!

(I want to keep bumping this issue so it will be in CIV IV!)

Awsome!!
          Civ 3 Democracy Game:
          PTW Game: Proud member of the Roleplay Team, and Ambassador to Glory of War
          Intersite PTW Game: Member of Apolyton

Comment

Working...
          X