Government Special Condition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Government Special Condition

I simply don't understand something in the manual: "You can draft x units from citizenry/city to create infantry units." What does that mean? What infantry units do I get? How can I do this?

Thanks for explanation, Wernazuma
    "The world is too small in Vorarlberg". Austrian ex-vice-chancellor Hubert Gorbach in a letter to Alistar [sic] Darling, looking for a job...
    "Let me break this down for you, fresh from algebra II. A 95% chance to win 5 times means a (95*5) chance to win = 475% chance to win." Wiglaf, Court jester or hayseed, you judge.

Is it really that difficult to open up the civilopedia?
    Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

I got the game today and am at work right now, reading the Civ3 manual and I didn't get the meaning --> I posted
      "The world is too small in Vorarlberg". Austrian ex-vice-chancellor Hubert Gorbach in a letter to Alistar [sic] Darling, looking for a job...
      "Let me break this down for you, fresh from algebra II. A 95% chance to win 5 times means a (95*5) chance to win = 475% chance to win." Wiglaf, Court jester or hayseed, you judge.

Comment

Oh well, I've nothing better to do so I might aswell answer you. As the civilopedia states, you are given the ability to draft infantry when you discover nationalism. Drafting will give you an infantry unit (ie. spearman, rifleman, mech inf. ect...) at the conscript experience level (2 hit points) and reduce the population by 1 point. This can only be done in cities with a population of 7 or higher, and you are limited to drafting a maximum of 2 units from a city per turn.

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Originally posted by Osweld
          and you are limited to drafting a maximum of 2 units from a city per turn.
          It depends on the government. I think that with Democracy you can only draft 1 unit per turn.

Comment

Originally posted by PMLF

It depends on the government. I think that with Democracy you can only draft 1 unit per turn.
            Stupid me. That's the bonus that goverments give you.

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Communism lets you draft 4...(or is it three? I think it's four)

That's some serious drafting!

Comment

Originally posted by David Murray
                Communism lets you draft 4...(or is it three? I think it's four)

That's some serious drafting!
                It does? Cool... didn't realize it was that high.

Even so, though, how many cities do you have where you can afford to loose four pop points in one turn... unless I misread...
                Civ 3 Democracy Game:
                PTW Game: Proud member of the Roleplay Team, and Ambassador to Glory of War
                Intersite PTW Game: Member of Apolyton

Comment

Well, if a city was in serrious danger of being lost, I for one would be drafting as many units as possible in that city and nearby cities every turn untill the threat was removed.

Comment

think i just read somewhere that you can only draft two per turn under communism...

can anyone find a definate answer either way?

-- adaMada
                    Civ 3 Democracy Game:

Comment

Drafting limits from the manual, pages 126-130.
                      Anarchy- no production except food
                      Despotism- 2 units of per city, normally causes resentment
                      Monarchy- 2 units per city per turn, normally causes resentment
                      Republic- 1 unit per city per turn, still causes resentment
                      Communism- 2 units per city per turn, causes resentment
                      Democracy- 1 unit per city, causes quite a bit of resentment

Note: As stated in above posts, each unit drafted reduces the population by 1. Drafted units also have lower hit points then regularly built units.

Comment

Originally posted by napalm010
                        Drafting limits from the manual, pages 126-130.
                        Anarchy- no production except food
                        Despotism- 2 units of per city, normally causes resentment
                        Monarchy- 2 units per city per turn, normally causes resentment
                        Republic- 1 unit per city per turn, still causes resentment
                        Communism- 2 units per city per turn, causes resentment
                        Democracy- 1 unit per city, causes quite a bit of resentment

Note: As stated in above posts, each unit drafted reduces the population by 1. Drafted units also have lower hit points then regularly built units.
                        thanks!

If anyone's been wondering where all these "conscript" units are comming from, in theory this is it. BUT I've seen them well before anyone's developed nationalism, so... they must also be creatable other ways.

-- adaMada

PS: Almost all barbarians seem to be conscript...
                        Civ 3 Democracy Game:

Comment

Originally posted by adaMada
                          PS: Almost all barbarians seem to be conscript...
                          Yeah, it states in the manual that all barbarians and all units from goody huts are conscripts. Unless they gain combat experience, of course.
                          I swear, by my life and my love of it...

...don't you hate pants?

Comment

Well, the hut warriors are on conscript level too.

Comment

2 units per city? Does that mean that if you had 10 cities you could theoretically draft 20 conscript units in a turn?

Ouch.

Comment

Working...
                              X