No announcement yet.

Civ III Is Sooooo Dull...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm now about 3/4 of the way through the first game... My empire is now very large, but further military fun is unlikely. I'm too big to expand much more due to corruption and too strong for anyone to attack me given the present diplomatic model. So I'm left to play out the game as a manager.
    If you played a harder level you would enjoy it longer since the AI Civs would be bigger threats. Somehow I doubt you are playing Diety or even Emperor.

However, I would like to add that the heavy restrictions with the tech tree, heavy restrictions which with size/distance which lead to corruption, and editor limitations do hinder the potential of the game. But they are working on a patch.
    Last edited by Pyrodrew; November 16, 2001, 21:31.

Comment

Lot's of new technology missing....

Wouldn't it be fun if your enemies talked?? There are soundcards in PCs nowadays and I think it would be much nicer if for example Bismarck shouted at you when you declared war or you get to hear Queen Elisabeth whine about how you are almost ripping her off in the latest deal. Same with the advisors, wouldn't it be nice if they had voices with character and personality. You could HEAR how angry they were or how friendly and happy they are with you....

There are lot's of those small things that are more or less standard in a modern game today that are for some reason missing in Civ3. I think Civ3 is a good game, but it doesn't have that extra spice that makes you identify with it, where it kind of becomes your world and you have more real interaction with it and it's characters...

I agree that the game is lacking in personality. They could have made it a lot more fun just by adding sound for example.........

Comment

Re: Lot's of new technology missing....

Originally posted by jonasf
        Wouldn't it be fun if your enemies talked?? There are soundcards in PCs nowadays and I think it would be much nicer if for example Bismarck shouted at you when you declared war or you get to hear Queen Elisabeth whine about how you are almost ripping her off in the latest deal. Same with the advisors, wouldn't it be nice if they had voices with character and personality. You could HEAR how angry they were or how friendly and happy they are with you....
        Arrgh!! Thats one sure-fire way to make the game annoying as hell!!

Sorry, that sort of thing annoyed me in SMAC, and it would annoy me in Civ 3. Imagine hearing for the millionth time "Get more luxuries" or "Bostons growing slowly" or other such gems, over and over again... No thanks.
        I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Working...
        X