Call me "Sir!"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Call me "Sir!"

Is there anyway to...uh...change the gender of leaders? Whenever I play as the English the advisors call me Madame, or Ms., or some feminie name.

I'm sure female players have the same problem when playing as anyone but the english, russians or egyptians.
    "I know nobody likes me...why do we have to have Valentines Day to emphasize it?"- Charlie Brown

yet another SMAC advantage!

I don't think so.

You could in SMAC, which was cool because I usually played as the Gaians.

I play Civ3 as the Russians usually and have just learned to accept that I am now I am a middle-aged lady that once (according to legend and some history professors) died after a sexual experiment with a horse.

And the French leader is also a woman/girl! The females are well-represented in Civ3 as they have some of the best tribes I think. And Ghandi is almost a woman.

Georage

Comment

Is there anyway to...uh...change the gender of leaders? Whenever I play as the English the advisors call me Madame, or Ms., or some feminie name.
      Yeah - I saw it at about 12:30 this morning. It's in the editor. When you take a look at the empire screen (I think) it has an option to set the gender of your leader.

Comment

In Civ2 you could specify this...

Comment

ROFL georage on the horse thing, wow I had no idea.

I sometimes want to play as the russians, but when I see her face, I just puke and quickly get scared away!
          be free

Comment

ROFL georage on the horse thing, wow I had no idea.

It's a myth, unfortunately. Try the Snopes site for reference.

Pity. It's a great story.

Comment

I heard that she had sex with a horse. (not the dying part). Is that a myth too?

Comment

Well, Catherine was one merry woman, and had sex with a lot of things

Though about looking at her face bit - during the course of play, if you are playing AGAINST Russia, you`ll have to see this face veeery often, while if you play FOR Russia, you`ll have to see it only once. Especially if you never use the foreign advisor

Comment

Re: Call me "Sir!"

Originally posted by D4everman

I'm sure female players have the same problem when playing as anyone but the english, russians or egyptians.

I believe you can change the details of this in the scren where you pick your civ. Click under the head of your leader, but above the "description" button below your leaders head. there you can edit things like your leaders name, name of the civ, and I think Mr., Mrs. tags... you'll have to check though, I'm at work.

Comment

No. You can change the title so the advisors occasionally will refer to you as "emperor" instead of "czarina" or something, but they`ll still say "Mrs", "Supreme Lady" etc on other occasions. And you still have your portrait

Comment

For historical accuracy I would just like add that Catherine the Great of Russia was actually 100% German! For those who don't know...

Comment

Actualy she was 7/8 German.

But let me check on it

Comment

Re: yet another SMAC advantage!

modmodmodmodmodmodmodmod

What was I saying?
                          Go GalCiv, go! Go Society, go!

Comment

Originally posted by sgrig
                            For historical accuracy I would just like add that Catherine the Great of Russia was actually 100% German! For those who don't know...
                            Yes, possible. But she stil was a russian leader. Many times in History leaders weren't of the same culture. Look to Cleopatra that was partly greek for exemple.
                            Go GalCiv, go! Go Society, go!

Comment

Yeah, Catherine was German. She never spoke fluent Russian too

You see, she was just some German city-state princess, who got married to Russian prince, and then killed him to get the throne when he became a czar. The man was all childish and weak, so he wouldn`t be a good follower to Peter the Great anyway.

Comment

Working...
                              X