Razing Cities

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Razing Cities

Is razing cities bad for your reputation? i recall reading somehting about that in the manual.

I noticed that the AI seems to do it quite alot.

Comment

Does anyone out there know? Does razing cities hurt your rep? Does it hurt an AI civ's rep?

Comment

i don't actually know but...

I would think it would definitely piss off the Civ who's city you just trashed.

And it is, allegedly supposed to give you some kind of bad rep. I don't know what kind of bad rep though.

ER

Comment

bump

Comment

I've razed about 15 cities.. I have yet to have a problem. My reputation is still good with my allies.

I'm in a game with 16 civs. 16 civs = a ton of cities. You can't help but raze a few, because the cities will be competing for the same resources...

Comment

Razing cities definately angers the civ who used to own them, I haven't noticed an affect on the other civs in the game yet.

-quinalla
              Jacob's Law "To err is human: to blame it on someone else is even more human."

Comment

you run the risk to be accused off genocide, and they might transport you to The Hague, but that's it.
                Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

Ok, if I dump an atomic fart on a city everybody gang up against me, but if I just change it into a bloody graveyard with the long, merciless and painful "taste the iron" style, I am just annoying the local boss?!?
                  The ice was here, the ice was there, the ice was all around: it cracked and growled and roared and howled like noises in a swound!

Comment

Save the (simulated) green!

Probably they are ecologically minded AIs...
                    dump the people, save the cabbage stuff.
                    The ice was here, the ice was there, the ice was all around: it cracked and growled and roared and howled like noises in a swound!

Comment

Well, personally I just tend to take cities through culture and then starve them down to 1 citizen and build a worker.
                      Never underestimate the healing powers of custard.

Comment

Working...
                      X