starting locations in civ3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• starting locations in civ3

Maybe i am missing somthing... but is there a way to specify what race starts where in a senerio, like in civ2? I used to like playing as the english and starting on an island, but it seem when i start up the Earth map and select english it starts me at a random location. Thanks in advance
    " Conceit, arrogance, and egotism are the essentials of patriotism." - Emma Goldman

William Seward Burroughs
    February 5, 1914 - August 2, 1997 R.I.P. Uncle Bill, you are missed.

Still trying to figure this one out. (sorry if my text seem a wee bit disjointed but i have been awake way to long)
    " Conceit, arrogance, and egotism are the essentials of patriotism." - Emma Goldman

William Seward Burroughs

Comment

Yeah I have the same problem. It seems that firaxis has made it on purpose. And their great explanation to it is " REWRITING HISTORY!!!!". Hope they will realise that its not rewriting but remaking the whole mankin. I guess they will wisen up and put that option in the patch.

Comment

Originally posted by PapaLenin
        Yeah I have the same problem. It seems that firaxis has made it on purpose. And their great explanation to it is " REWRITING HISTORY!!!!". Hope they will realise that its not rewriting but remaking the whole mankin. I guess they will wisen up and put that option in the patch.
        I don't mind playing on a random map once in awhile, but i always like playing a real earth map with nations starting where they should. Oh well, back to Civ2.

William Seward Burroughs

Comment

As a realist this makes throws out any attempt at realism. This had better get addressed in a patch.

Comment

i think they were just being lazy. i'm hoping they fix it.

i bet a public demo would have made them put the civs in real starting locations
            Prince of...... the Civ Mac Forum

Comment

Yeah they were probably lazy also as they were lazy in making wonder movies. Firaxis says:" We wont make wonder movies cause they distract you from the game" BULL****!!!!

Comment

Yeah they were probably lazy also as they were lazy in making wonder movies. Firaxis says:" We wont make wonder movies cause they distract you from the game" BULL****!!!!
                actually, i didn't think wonder movies were very necessary. but starting positions? damn, civ1 had that.

seems like you beat the editor there, watch out...

Comment

I miss the wonder movies, myself. They were a pleasant surprise in Civ 2.

Editing starting locations would be great. I also wish there were something like an "elbow room" option when starting a game. I like to have time to putter around and build, and it throws me off when I get plunked down cheek to cheek with a rival on turn one.

Comment

i don't think the huge world map they included would be fair with historical starting positions: italy is like four grassland squares, and greece is just a bunch of hills. I always liked the Europe map they included with civ 2.

Comment

Originally posted by ScipioSE
                      i don't think the huge world map they included would be fair with historical starting positions: italy is like four grassland squares, and greece is just a bunch of hills. I always liked the Europe map they included with civ 2.
                      well, if you make you sure you don't play with any civs too near to you it's not so bad. that's what i would do in civ2.

Comment

Working...
                      X