5 / Dark Age of Camelot / Vivendi Universal / $38
    6 / Stronghold / GodGames / $34
    7 / Command & Conquer Yuri's Revenge / Electronic Arts / $27
    8 / Flight Simulator 2002 / Microsoft / $70
    9 / Aliens Versus Predator 2 / Vivendi Universal / $44
    10 / Asheron's Call Dark Majesty / Microsoft / $20

Sourced from:http://gamespot.com/gamespot/stories...824649,00.html

Questions? Comments?

I bet firaxis is happy, too bad it probably means that Infogames will mandate an "expansion" to get the multiplayer and a proper editor

I bet firaxis is happy, too bad it probably means that Infogames will mandate an "expansion" to get the multiplayer and a proper editor
    that would be good !!
    I don't believe MP will come out as a patch.
    It'll be an expansion or no MP at all.
    If the game sells well we might see this expansion,
    and we might see civIV one day
    Formerly known as "CyberShy"
    Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

and #2!
      Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
      Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
      giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Not so fast...

That Civ3 comes in at No.1 and 2 is impressive, but statistics can be very deceiving. Note the period : October 28-November 3, 2001. In just 3 days it shoots to No.1 , a very promising future right? Actually no, because the pre-purchase LE figures have been included. So right at the start there was a glut of orders in one go. It will take two months to see if Civ3 truly is a smashhit.

P.S
        If the LE really is a big seller prepare to see it drop out of the Top10 real quick. Why? It's simple really. Only 75.000 copies have been published if Civ3 LE really is a hit it will disappear from the top10 in 3 weeks. The normal Civ3 edition is what counts in this retail game.
        Skeptics should forego any thought of convincing the unconvinced that we hold the torch of truth illuminating the darkness. A more modest, realistic, and achievable goal is to encourage the idea that one may be mistaken. Doubt is humbling and constructive; it leads to rational thought in weighing alternatives and fully reexamining options, and it opens unlimited vistas.

Elie A. Shneour Skeptical Inquirer

Comment

Anybody have the raw numbers? Would be very useful to compare to Civ2 and SMAC launches.

Comment

I'm impressed with the one-two. I'm a bit suprised that 75,000 will get 2nd place in American charts. But maybe I'm confused.

Civ3 starts it's climb up the charts in th UK tomorrow. If it sells 100,000 copies this week, it'll beat the previous UK PC game weekly sale total record. Unlikely, but it will be no.1 UK PC for a few weeks and probably all format for a week. Even at £35

edit: D'oh! mistypes changed the context completly...

Comment

Working...
            X