List of features we want back!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"King Richard's Crusade" wonder, that thing ruled

Fundamentalism - I can't figure out why they removed it in the first place, wonder if it was a last minute thing, maybe they thought it was to abrasive given the current state of things in the world.

Comment

I aplogize if this has already been mentioned, but I would LOVE to have some option on the "Go To" command to have that drop down menu of city names like in Civ2. Okay, it was a pain in some ways, but in Civ3 I do like the pathfinding feature that is the "G" key now, but its annoying if you have to move a unit way far away....having to scroll to the new location.

Perhaps a "shift +g" or "ctl+g" key combo to give a drop down list of cities.

...and while I am asking.... it'd be nice to have a scroll bar on the pop-up list of units on a square if there are so many that all the units don't fit in the pop-up window.

...oh, and one more... it'd be nice to be able to move a stack of units with one command... I need to check the manual on this one...

...no really, just one more... in the Military Advisor window, it sure would be nice to be able to upgrade all upgradable units in the units sorting at once, so you don't have to visit each unit one at a time....

A great deal of micromanagement was removed from Civ3, but much remains.

..okay, that's all, gotta get back to my game...this game is great.
      Question Authority.......with mime...

Comment

Also on the Military Advisor screen:

Activating a unit does not close the advisor screen and zoom on the unit. That way I can activate a lot of units from the Advisor screen at once.

Comment

Originally posted by wotan321
          I aplogize if this has already been mentioned, but I would LOVE to have some option on the "Go To" command to have that drop down menu of city names like in Civ2. Okay, it was a pain in some ways, but in Civ3 I do like the pathfinding feature that is the "G" key now, but its annoying if you have to move a unit way far away....having to scroll to the new location.

Perhaps a "shift +g" or "ctl+g" key combo to give a drop down list of cities.
          You were soo close and didn't even know it!!! CTRL-SHIFT-G pops up a city list that you can send units to.

Comment

*Stealth land units such as commandos which can also be placed on subs. Could be inserted with helicopter as well (might actually use them) detect chance 99% if on tile being worked by enemy city, base detect chance each turn 10% with modifyers (-5% mountains/hills etc..etc..)

*Mines! be able to place mines on squares within your cultural border (land or sea). Works similar to bombard in that it can't kill a unit just hurt. To join U.N. you must remove all mines from teritory. Also affects trade.

*Subs need to have an attack bonus when undetected! otherwise keep theie stats weak.

*Need to have more info on opposing civs on the foreign advisor screen (i.e. are they more or less technologically advanced?, what gov't type?, income per turn?, yada yada yada)

*Amassing troops next to A.I. border should be considered hostile and they should prompt you to demilitarize the area or declare war if they are outnumbered more than 5:1.

*instead of just having a city switch sides suddenly, perhaps a few population points could exchange first over a couple turns so that you know you have a cultural problem instead of being surprised by it.

*I really miss the U.N. ala SMAC! With the enhanced diplomacy in Civ3 it would really be great and make the diplomatic victory more palpable.

*War atrocities such as razing a city, bombing city populations back to the stoneage, etc... should make "partizans" spring out of the enemy civ (weak infantry?) and cause diplomatic problems unless it is in retaliation for a similar war atrocity commited by the AI

Comment

units can be ungraded en mass, crtl-u i believe
              I spend most my money on Wine, Women and Song.. the rest i just waste.

Comment

I'd really like workers to gain some sort of transform ability at some point in the game. Primarily because of resources (and also to get contiguous borders to check the AI) I have been forced to plop cities in places I previously shunned--especially hilly/mountainous areas. With no ability to transform tiles, and no trading of food, these cities have a hard time getting past 3-4 people.
                I remember every detail. The Germans wore gray, you wore blue.

Comment

I think you made a slight mistake in the title of this thread. It should be "I" not "we"
                  I`m not aware that you have a mandate to speak for everyone who has bought Civ iii.

Comment

Yeah, as mentioned, why can't we see what government type our opponents are, or am I missing something?

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew1999
                      City 2-square grid in addition to the national borders grid. I know you can work it out for yourself, but it's invaluable when placing your settlers.
                      I second this one!
                      We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness... T. Jefferson "The Declaration of Independence"

Comment

Originally posted by crewealex
                        I think you made a slight mistake in the title of this thread. It should be "I" not "we"
                        I`m not aware that you have a mandate to speak for everyone who has bought Civ iii.
                        One thinks that perhaps the title was an invitation to "everyone who has bought Civ iii" to add their own desired features.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness... T. Jefferson "The Declaration of Independence"

Comment

Forgot something...

Airbases. Or can you base aircraft in colonies?
                          |"Anything I can do to help?" "Um. Short of dying? No, can't think of a |
                          | thing." -Morden, Vir. 'Interludes and Examinations' -Babylon 5 |

Comment

My Review of the Ideas

Great Ideas:
                            1.Ability to right click on terrain and add text (from SMAC).
                            2.Courthouses that really reduce corruption.
                            3.Ability to trade military units - arms dealing.
                            4.More diplomatic options in the UN ala SMAC -declare atrocities- nuclear arms reductions, pollution reduction, etc.
                            5.The ability to ask another Civ to end a war against a third civ. Basically, all the great diplomacy that made up SMAC.
                            6.The scenario editor from Fantastic Worlds.
                            7.The Sentry function
                            8."King Richard's Crusade" wonder, that thing ruled
                            9.Other governments or atleast a balanced Fundamentalism
                            10.Ability to move a stack of units with one command.
                            11. Mines! be able to place mines on squares within your cultural border (land or sea). To join U.N. you must remove all mines from teritory. Also affects trade.
                            12.Subs need to have an attack bonus when undetected! otherwise keep stats weak.
                            13.Need to have more info on opposing civs on the foreign advisor screen (gov't type, personality type - like Civ2, not full disclosure of all their information)
                            14.Instead of just having a city switch sides suddenly, perhaps a few population points could exchange first over a couple turns so that you know you have a cultural problem instead of being surprised by it.
                            15.Airbases (a higher cost to maintain or build will game balance these nicely).

I disagree with:
                            1.The Transform ability back.((if this is put back in it should take an EXCESSIVELY LONG time & be expensive))
                            2.Firepower (couldn't they just increase the attack & defense values of the Civ2 Firepower units?)

I would like to add:
                            1.Bring back random placement of Civs! Civs *always* starting next to their culture buddies really ruins the surprise element & makes things too predictable. Culture Civ Placement should be an option at most.
                            Last edited by Pyrodrew; November 15, 2001, 17:46.

Comment

I'm against those who want terraforming for two reasons:

Realism reasons. We can't do it in real life. We can irrigate areas, cut down forests, reclaim marshland etc., but we can't turn desert, tundra or mountains into fertile grassland or rolling hills or anything like that.

Gameplay reasons. What effect would changing terrain have on resources? Also, its nice the way the terrain restricts you. Its an entirely different system to Alpha Centuarii.

Ok, so I can see where some people are coming from about global warming. It is quite possible to deal with though, I personally have never had anything past the second stage of the little sun icon. However, I think that this is a consequence of over prioritising your production without taking the steps to avoid the pollution problem. It is not proven in real life that global warming actually has a link with man made pollution, especially since natural pollution accounts for most of that in the world, but if global warming happened we wouldn't be able to magically terraform all of the land back to how it was.
                              Never underestimate the healing powers of custard.

Comment

Ability to steal a technology when capturing a city

Now that the spies are gone, the only way to acquire technologies is to trade them

Gameplay wise, stealing a technology from captured cities was something really exciting. Another fine idea removed

Comment

Working...
                                X