Resources revisted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resources revisted

Question about resources. Can the AI see what you can see? I had reached a point where oil was an available resource for me. Having NONE on my own continent (1/2 of a huge map uncovered - no oil) I saw some on antoher continent inside the boundaries of the roman empire so I contacted the romans to see if they wanted to trade but oil was not an availabe trade option.

Am I right to assume that even though I could see the oil the AI for the romans could not since they had not reached a tech level where they discover oil?

I think you're right. I've often seen resources of saltpeter or oil just outside an AI city, but it doesn't build a road to it. They just start doing this, when they research the necessary tech.

Comment

This is correct. Unless the AI Civ has the tech, they don't see the goods. This gives you an advantage if you are ahead in tech and are planning to grab some resource-full realestate. The AI isn't as likely to run quickly into the spot if you move fast enough.
      The other guys are always barbarians

Comment

Logical. How are the Romans going to give you their oil, which is buried a long way underground, if they don't even know what the stuff is, let alone how to get at it?
        The church is the only organisation that exists for the benefit of its non-members
        Buy your very own 4-dimensional, non-orientable, 1-sided, zero-edged, zero-volume, genus 1 manifold immersed in 3-space!
        All women become like their mothers. That is their tragedy. No man does. That's his.
        "They offer us some, but we have no place to store a mullet." - Chegitz Guevara

Comment

Working...
        X