Help me decide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help me decide

Civ 3 is released tomorrow over here in the IK and i want to know if i buy it.

if you have money then why not?
    Win98 ERROR 009: Press any key to continue or any other to quit
    f**k the f****n f*****s!
    I'am realy enjoing not talking to you...
    let's not talk again REAL soon...

Comment

thanks for the reply

Comment

Yeah, only get it if you have enough money to not be bothered if the game's a baddun.

I mean, if £30 or so isn't much to you, definitely get it and try it out. But you might be disappointed (I have seriously considered cancelling my order from Amazon)

Comment

There are problems, but the ai is overall way better than ctp1/2. It takes out some features from those games, but overall civ3 is very good. It is not perfection though

Comment

Get it. It's still as addictive as ever. I won't say it's perfect (name a game that is, please), but it's still damn good. I haven't played enough to give a comprehensive review, but what I have played has largely been in 8-9 hour stints. Civ I and II were the only games that could do that to me, and it's no different this time around. Get it.
            There is a thin line between insanity and genius. I have erased this line.

Comment

Re: Help me decide

Originally posted by dtocas
              Civ 3 is released tomorrow over here in the IK and i want to know if i buy it.
              I do hope you mean the day after tomorrow i.e. Friday 16th or I will cry

Of course you should buy it you've been waiting for years for the game and even if it is as bad as some round here say (which I severly doubt) you'll get 30 quids worth of enjoyment from joining in the Civ3 bashing from a position of experience.

As I've said in another thread
              Go on, go on, go on - it's got Civilization in it
              Hoping that 4 is closer to 2 than 3

Comment

it's a great game, but don't expect your civ2 strategies to work.
                They won't. It's a new game in fact with new strategies.

better though. (few bugs, but I expect a patch soon)
                Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

i feel i own an explanation to those of you who have had a basic education (unlike me) for my post.

Civ 3 is released tomorrow here in the ik and i want to know if i buy it.
                  i wasn't paying attention and it was my first post you probably have guessed it should have been

Civ 3 is released tomorrow here in the UK and i wanted to know if i should buy it.

i just really wanted to thank everybody who replyed to my post

wal35 i bought my game today (15th nov) for £29:99

Comment

Definitely worth it. For me it has replaced Civilization 2 at #2 in my favourite games of all time list, with Deus Ex Machina being at #1.
                    Never underestimate the healing powers of custard.

Comment

If you like Civ2, you should get Civ3. I think it's great. Not perfect, but nothing that a patch or two won't fix.

Check out Yin26's Review in another thread. It has a "will-I-like-Civ3" test which seems to be fairly accurate.
                      To be one with the Universe is to be very lonely - John Doe - Datalinks

Comment

Working...
                      X