FIRAXIS - When is the patch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FIRAXIS - When is the patch?

I would like to know, when can we expect to see the patch?

Does anyone know, has FIRAXIS come out and said?

At least just a small patch to fix the simple things like air superiority would be nice.

yes!!!
    "air superiority" really ruins everything!!!
    I just cant feel like starting new game when bug's like this exist!

Comment

You can simply edit the game to remove fighters entirely using civedit. This at least levels the playing field.

Cheers,

Dr. Charm

Comment

Firaxis has unofficially projected the patch to be released at the end of the month.

-Sev

Comment

I'm wondering when Fraxis will start to ship patched versions that have the edited and corrected manual included. If they can get all of it together and shipped before the new year I might just be coaxed into buying it before the multiplayer version comes out.
          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by dr.charm
            You can simply edit the game to remove fighters entirely using civedit. This at least levels the playing field.

Cheers,

Dr. Charm
            What kind of suggestion is this? Why not just remove all unit and play with the settler only?

I like to wage war often during the modern era which it resembles more with the world we live in. And of course I need Plane and stuff to do that.

Comment

Originally posted by wakamoto

What kind of suggestion is this? Why not just remove all unit and play with the settler only?

I like to wage war often during the modern era which it resembles more with the world we live in. And of course I need Plane and stuff to do that.
              I don't think he was trying to justify the bug, simply offer a way to play the game now until the patch comes out by leveling the playing field...

Venger

Comment

what is this bug about?
                be free

Comment

I don't think the game hinges on "air superiority". In my game the computer bombed a few of my tiles. So what? For all I know, air superiority worked just fine because the AI did not bomb me EVERY turn. Just didn't get the cute graphic of the AI bomber being shot down. What's really lousy is espionage. Did anyone ever get the message that an AI civ was caught trying to plant a spy in THEIR empire and how YOU were not pleased?
                  The spy missions are lame. The only thing a spy is good for is keeping tabs on the space race and military might. Maybe steal tech if you really really need something.

Comment

Sn00py: what is this bug about?
                    SnOOpy: apparently you can't put the fighter on Air Superiority in the game. So the AI bombers will have their way with you

However, the AI doesn't suffer from this bug and it WILL shoot down your bombers

Ahhh... where's the justice. . .

Comment

There u go!

Comment

"Firaxis has unofficially projected the patch to be released at the end of the month.

-Sev"

Where did you hear this information? Thanks.
                        Question Authority.......with mime...

Comment

In a chat session one of the game developers suggested that the patch should be out around the end of the month. Well before Christmas was a phrase also used.

Comment

Working...
                          X