Hey guys, are subs messed up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey guys, are subs messed up?

All the time ive played in the modern era i never used subs... they never interested me. So i decided to give the subs an interesting feature by hiding their nationality just like a privateer. So i started building a few subs and something struck me as odd, frigates and man-o-wars from accross the ocean Bee-lined for my sub and attacked it- but arent subs supposed to be hidden until destroyers and AEGIS cruisers come around? I might have sloppily changed something in my civ3mod.bic so I have to confirm if theres a problem with the subs or if I screwed up. Thanks

As I stated in my first post about why Submarines should not be in Civ3, which I'm sure you saw, I mentioned the AI as the third problem as to submarine implementation.

The simple fact is that the AI knows all and sees all. It can see the whole map and know the location of every unit on it (that's how it knows to go for undefended cities first). So far as I know, this does not get turned off. This is why submarine detection bonuses only work in MP. Wait...there's no MP in Civ3 yet. Drat. Don't build subs until then, if ever.

A hardcoded FRIGATES CANNOT ATTACK SUBMARINES would be nice, but unlikely to be a high priority.

-Sev

Comment

Ah ok There goes my dream of harassing Russia's merchant navy with my subs. Yes I read your post, some very good points I must say. Hey maybe in CivIV?

Comment

THis was a problem in SMAC- I am disappointed that it is also in CivIII.

Comment

Working...
        X