Best Goverment?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Goverment?

I am currently in the 1500's and wondering which is the best goverment. Democracy seems good but war wearness and the fact that you have to pay for every unit isn't so good. Is it only meant to be used by peaceful nations? And what about communism?

Also my cities aren't able to grow above 12 pop. What must I do about this? I am currrently a Monarchy.

Communism is really a wartime government and not suited for peace... Democracy is the opposite (peace, not war).

You could try something in the middle, like Fascism for a government choice.

As for cities capping at 12, try researching medicine and build hospitals!
    Wolfshanze Mod: for BtS... adds "flavored Civs", coal-fired navies, WWI units, plus Poland, Austria & Vietnam to Civ4!

Comment

Animal Mother,

I find Democracy best for all situations. The increased gold offsets, for the most part, the costs of maintaining units, and war weariness isn't a big deal as long as you keep your wars short and objective-based (and the objective should not be "total annihilation of enemy civ").

Just my style though.

Wolfshanze,

Not everyone plays with the Fascist mod - for example, I don't

Hospitals are enabled by Sanitation.

-Sev

EDIT: However, if the AI won't listen to your peace overtures and refuses to make peace when you want it (which happens sometimes) consider switching to Communism, but only in an extreme case, and when all your back-up plans have failed.
      Last edited by Sevorak; November 13, 2001, 19:36.

Comment

I enjoy having to deal with war weariness. I consider it a harness on my Imperial ambitions. I have to keep my objectives strictly limited, otherwise id just conquer the whole country and be done.

Comment

Working...
        X