AI Attack Mode

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AI Attack Mode

I presume that all of you have noticed the new AI attack mode. In the older Civ games, the AI would attack with just a few units at a time and repeat as it created new units. Now, when an AI Civ declares war on you, it uses a massed attack strategy. You know this is coming when you see a massive buildup of foreign troops near your border. In three successive games the entire world declared war on me because I wouldn't give them exactly what one civilization wanted in one trade! The only way to get around this massive invasion is to build at least two military units EVERY turn from about 500 AD on and place these troops in fortified positions near your border. And don't forget the artillery!! The days of playing passively building a few token units and concentrating on City improvements is over. If you do this and get too far in front, YOU WILL BE ATTACKED BY EVERYONE!

Has anyone else noticed this?

Yes, I like it. It gives a cold war atmosphere, where everyone is in a constant arms race to ensure that no one tries to invade them, and if they need to, they can be able to attack someone for resources or land.
    Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

why not build fortresses all across the borders, and put fortified soldiers in them - TRENCH WAREFARE!
      eimi men anthropos pollon logon, mikras de sophias

Comment

You should be able to give land for time, to give time to build up forces if you need it. Try and use natural fortresses (hills mountains) to harry and delay forces. Use some border troops by all means, but large mobile reserves are more important.

Comment

Originally posted by The Andy-Man
          why not build fortresses all across the borders, and put fortified soldiers in them - TRENCH WAREFARE!
          That would work well but the Fortresses do not work as advertised.

Comment

Working...
          X