Trading Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trading Questions

Okay, my apologies if these have been answered elsewhere. I was scanning posts yesterday and noticed several people mentioning a "timer" which counts down the number of turns until a trade agreement expires. Since I don't remember seeing this in any of the games I've played thus far, I went looking for it last night, starting up several trade agreements to see how this was implmemented. I was not able to witness this feature (?) Exactly what are people talking about here with this counter? I also went looking for it in the manual, but couldn't find anything on it.

Also, is there a way to break a trade agreement before the twenty turns are up? As far as I can tell so far the only way to do this is to declare war on someone, which of course dissolves all trade agreements instantly. Is there a less aggressive solution? I remember someone posting you could "click on the agreement" to cancel it, but I'm not sure what screen they were talking about. Again, I wasn't able to find it in the manual.

Thanks in advance.

Perpexedly yours,
    Dave

try to issue an embargo, not as harsh as declaring war

Comment

If you try clicking the trade under the "active" menu it wont let you cancel it if 20 turns havent passed?

maybe you can try a less conventional and a more random way to cancel it... say you're trading your only source of saltpeter to germany and you get into a war where you suddenly need it... just sent a unit to the saltpeter and pillage it this will force the trade to cancel. if you are trading multiple sources though, you might have to pillage a few resources to cancle the specific trade you want... im pretty sure this wont cause a war if i remember correctly

and i think when they talk about the timer they are talking about the 20 turn limit

Comment

Working...
      X