X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Collated Whining Thread

hiya

i decided to help all the whiners out there and make one BIG thread for them to vent their frustration because civ 3:

- has no caravans
    - has corruption
    - does not allow ICS
    - is BROKEN
    - has dodgy combat system
    - does not allow a tank blitz
    - has culture
    - does not have cool civ2 diplomacy
    - has graphics worse than civ2
    - brings nothing new, despite being a sequel
    - has AI that sometimes beats you
    - makes you honor alliances instead of double crossing AI at every opportunity
    - does not allow you to save load and replay the battle until you win
    - has no terraforming so that you can turn desert into swamps like people did in africa
    etc.etc.

now i fully respect the freedom of speech and all that jazz, but i thought that collated whiners thread might reduce the speed with which the good threads are pushed down on the forum. alternatively, markos could create Civ3/Whining subsection.

cheers

Yea, this thread is useful .

Comment

- does not have multiplayer
      - is not given to us free
      - doesnt have a no-cd crack yet
      - does not yet u build houses or castles or have silver weapons that do double damage to undead (especially lichs)...
      - doesnt do the dishes while im playing so my wife doesnt get mad after dinner

Comment

Here's a few you forgot:

Civ3 is a BROKEN, FATALLY FLAWED BETA etc etc because...

- it doesn't require a 16M 3D graphics card

- it's not RTS

- it's not FPS

- there's no way to just mindlessly blow stuff up

- you actually need to read the manual to get the most out of it

Comment

- Is not out in Europe yet.
          There are no stupid questions, but there are a lot of inquisitive idiots.

Comment

Now all you need is the collated "blind fanboyz" thread and the collated "dumb n00b questions asked 1000 times already" thread and the whole general forum will never need a new thread button ever again

...except for trolling, of course. I'd start a new "US is not a civ" thread except it would only be locked/moved to the Civilizations forum/earn me a week's holiday from Apolyton and I have nothing better to do in my lunchbreaks
            To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
            H.Poincaré

Comment

Originally posted by Grumbold
              Now all you need is the collated "blind fanboyz" thread and the collated "dumb n00b questions asked 1000 times already" thread and the whole general forum will never need a new thread button ever again

...except for trolling, of course. I'd start a new "US is not a civ" thread except it would only be locked/moved to the Civilizations forum/earn me a week's holiday from Apolyton and I have nothing better to do in my lunchbreaks
              hm, i just might start one before i have to go on a trip

- doesnt do the dishes while im playing so my wife doesnt get mad after dinner
              amen!

Comment

>>- doesnt have a no-cd crack yet <<

Sure, there is one.

Regards / Döbeln 2001

Comment

- tanks aren't infallable against guys on horses ( like in Afganistan, ask Russia)

- nuclear submarines in real life never sink for no reason (ask Russia again )

- My big several-contignents spawning empire lacks corruption ! This never happened with empires like Russia () and Rome

- It's so strange that cities in the edge of my empire switch to the other side. In real life this never happens (thinks about the former russian states again )

- Old cities with old buildings have a high culture rating and attrackt people more then the new cities without any old buildings, that's so strange !

- When I agree to any agreement and break it within 20 turns the other civs hate me for it. That really sucks, in civ2 I could sneaky ally against one civ and make peace the other turn without anybody caring. Hey, even the AI did that all the time, that was so cool !

- In civ2 we had cool diplomacy in which you didn't got much choises so it was easier ! In civ3 you have to negotiate and the AI says things like "Add a little more and we have a deal" that SO unrealistic !

- Civ1 got scenario editing tools out of the box and was a great game for that reason

- Civ2 had multiplayer out of the box and was a great game for that reason

- I hate it that my empire doesn't have all resources I need so I have to negotiate with the AI using that cruel surrealistic negotiation table ! I hate that

- It's so unrealistic that if you have a problem with a oil-resource containing civilization you suddenly can't build tanks anymore. Like in the 70's this never happened, that there was an oil crisis and we couldn't drive our cars anymore.

- Empires like Bin Laden have so much resources of Uranium, imagine that dude would have to try to trade for uranium.... that would be so surrealistic !

and so on and so on.

Credits: Russia, for supplying me with that many examples

CyberShy
                  Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                  Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

- does not have cool civ2 diplomacy
                    i hope thats not sarcasm because it is extremely similar to civ2 diplomacy. I never expected people to be able to program AI anywhere as good as a human, but lets not try kidding ourselves. the only improvement in diplo is the fact you have more options in which to get frustrated by.

Comment

i hope thats not sarcasm because it is extremely similar to civ2 diplomacy. I never expected people to be able to program AI anywhere as good as a human, but lets not try kidding ourselves. the only improvement in diplo is the fact you have more options in which to get frustrated by.
                      you got to be kidding me
                      (and you must be a part of the spoiled - never satisfied - generation)
                      Did you ever really negotiate with the AI ?
                      About resources, techs etc. etc. (while you have in fact something to OFFER them. OF course it's boring if you do'nt have anything and the AI is superior)

Comment

Originally posted by TheDarkside

frustrated by what?

Comment

LaRusso, you sir are an idiot.

I'm patiently waiting for YOU to post anything insightfull about
                          Civ3, well just anything game relating to the GAME Civ3 at all.

All you post is junk about how much everybody but yourself and your FIRAXIS IS PERFECT, NO CAN'T MAKE MISTAKES circle jerk group supposedly whine.

/dev

Comment

Dev, I think LaRusso asks a VERY valid question.
                            Someone seems to get frustrated by much option, while he's complaining about the lack of more options........ (or at least a(n even) more advanced way of diplomacy.

very very valid.
                            Besides that........ the name calling is REALLY not appreciated !
                            [/Backs Up LaRusso mode]

Comment

Originally posted by Dev
                              LaRusso, you sir are an idiot.

I'm patiently waiting for YOU to post anything insightfull about
                              Civ3, well just anything game relating to the GAME Civ3 at all.

All you post is junk about how much everybody but yourself and your FIRAXIS IS PERFECT, NO CAN'T MAKE MISTAKES circle jerk group supposedly whine.

/dev
                              okay, over your ad hominem BS
                              take a look at

Comment

Working...
                              X