Auto workers ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Auto workers ?

Anybobdy using this feature and more importantly is it worth using ?

Will it improve resource tiles first, will it connect nearby cities, will it put the BEST improvement on a given tile etc. etc.

I know that in SMAC the so-called settler AI was easily beaten by an infant playing the game for the very first time.

So, dare I leave the future of my Civ3 empire in the AIs hands ?

/dev

Don't even think about it. They run around, ending up in a ditch with a cigarette in their mouth, rear cleavage showing, thinking if it's time to go home and watch some footie.

They're dumb as dogs, no more clever than their Civ2 colleagues.

That's why I miss PW.
    To be one with the Universe is to be very lonely - John Doe - Datalinks

Comment

If you find the list of commands at the back of the manual, there's a whole bunch of commands that the you can give workers...

build road to city, only remove pollution, only clear forests, automate-but-don't-remove-improvements, etc.

I agree with Earthling that the general automate command hasn't proven to be very useful..
      kmj

Comment

Well, I use the automate sometimes, but during war time, they're like a bunch of chicken without head... It happened to me that all of my 27 workers were hidden behind a rifleman (so I desactivated the auto., but they had already moved).... so the AI killed my rifleman and took all of my 27 workers.
        Hi!

Comment

one plus about auto-workers:
          they are semi-inteligent abolut running away when enemies come close -- most of the time, I find them well in a city by the time a slow-moving enemy gets close enough to attack. There are exceptions -- mainly when dealing with a unit that moves quickly (esp. when the unit wasn't deep in your territory for long). This is just what I've seen so far, anyway... just FYI.

-- adaMada
          Civ 3 Democracy Game:
          PTW Game: Proud member of the Roleplay Team, and Ambassador to Glory of War
          Intersite PTW Game: Member of Apolyton

Comment

Working...
          X