Largest city (theoretically)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Largest city (theoretically)

I was just wondering if anyone's heard what the largest theoretical size a city can grow to in Civ3. I know in Civ1 with grassland all around you could get to 48 (or something around that) and Civ2 was 42.
    The largest city I've grown so far has been 22 but I got stuck on a continent with quite a bit of desert on it so I know you can go bigger than that. In my latest game I have a great continent in which to spread my wings so I hope to get some of my cities into the mid 30's. It's still early and I haven't yet discovered Sanitation so many of my cities are stalled at 12.
    Any one else?
    "To live again, to be.........again" Captain Kirk in some Star Trek Episode. (The one with the bad guy named Henok)
    "One day you may have to think for yourself and heaven help us all when that time comes" Some condescending jerk.

Re: Largest city (theoretically)

Originally posted by Simpleton
    I was just wondering if anyone's heard what the largest theoretical size a city can grow to in Civ3. I know in Civ1 with grassland all around you could get to 48 (or something around that) and Civ2 was 42.
    The largest city I've grown so far has been 22 but I got stuck on a continent with quite a bit of desert on it so I know you can go bigger than that. In my latest game I have a great continent in which to spread my wings so I hope to get some of my cities into the mid 30's. It's still early and I haven't yet discovered Sanitation so many of my cities are stalled at 12.
    Any one else?
    I once cut a Jungle-infested region into all Grassland and had a city up to size 37. I might have been able to get higher but the game was wearing me down.
    "Barbarism is the natural state of mankind... Civilization is unnatural. It is a whim of circumstance. And barbarism must always triumph."

Comment

Biggest city I've had so far is 40...

Comment

I imagine the biggest city possible would have to be surrounded by wheat.

I've seen the computer with a size 42 city before.
        Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Working...
        X