Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

subdividing an empire into "states" to combat corruption?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

=)

i'm pretty sure its 32/civ ... i had well over 50 cities when i started noticing this, now i'm into the hundreds of cities in only one half of the map. my military alone is 400 gold/turn, corruption is now 1300-1400 range, but my newly conquered cities are getting their basic infrastructure (temple, library, aquaduct...) up a lot quicker now (after the "tweak").

Comment

Good idea, though it may be hard to implament. Maybe Firaxis will include it in an X-pack. (I assuming there will be one)

Slightly OT, if Firaxis does decide to change the corruption level, I hope they will make it modofiable. That way, if you want a real challenge, you can highten the corruption levels to "near suicidal." If you want a nice easy game to have fun and experiment with, you can set corruption levels nice and low. What would really be cool is if you could set the A.I.'s corruption to a different level than your own. This would really add a chalenge for those who feel Diety is to easy.

Comment

State capitals or more curruption reducing buildings

I think it's becoming rather obvious that people don't like corruption yet it appears to be a vital part of the game. I don't think it's been given quite the notariety it deserves (like culture) in that it exists but there just isn't enough information about it not to mention there's not really much that can be done about it either.

Personally I like the state idea. There should be a state capital type of building that must be X number of squares away from the national capital and another state capital before a city can build. Make it a bit tough to build and you've got another good building.

I also like the idea of other key buildings reducing the corruption level. This would be a relatively easy way for Firaxis to fix the problem without introducing new concepts.

I also find nationalism to be a bit lacking but that's best left for another thread.
        TitanTim

Comment

Nice!

I was actually thinking along the same lines last night. I have Vatican City and Constantinople (with the Forbidden Palace) .. and that got me thinking. My corruption is fine, actually... and I like how harsh it can be =P Oh, and don't make fun of me for Vatican City... was doing trying out the "Pope" strategy.

I think Provice works better than "State" ... think of the Roman Empire splitting up into east a west. Perhaps you should be able to "spin off" a group of cities into a separate Civ? That shouldn't be too hard to code in actually.. (except for the support of so many civs). That's it.. that's how you defeat corruption =P Spin off your colonies into little civs... =) They are automatically Right of Passage / Mutual Protection, and they will always count towards your score (maybe 2/3rds of their score counts...) ... sounds good to me.
          Caelicola

Comment

Working...
          X