No announcement yet.

The irony of whining about "whiners" & what it reveals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

While he's a bit harsher than myself I share Zylka's frutration at the way people mischaracterize our comments.

Comment

Originally posted by n.c.
      While he's a bit harsher than myself I share Zylka's frutration at the way people mischaracterize our comments.
      What he said.

You're still an idiot, though. Nice use of the point form argument and rolleyes, you trite fool.

Comment

thanks for promoting me from a F*CKING MORON to a plain simple idiot. What's next ?
        Formerly known as "CyberShy"
        Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

Peace guys. Can't we just get along? I thought I ws the only evil person on the forums...

Comment

does this thread prove that everyone is a whiner?

or am i just whining about the thread?
            May I be the person my dog thinks I am.

Comment

You are a whiner .

Most of the issues people complain about could have been avoided if Firaxis had made the game more customizable i.e. sliders for resources and corruption level etc.

Editor is easy enough to change the resource scarcity. Just bump up the number to your liking.
              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Editor is easy enough to change the resource scarcity. Just bump up the number to your liking.
                Bumping up the number means less resources....

Anyway that's a silly argument since the editor commands isn't documented so changing anything is like playing in the dark...I'd rather play Civ3.

/dev

Comment

I just want to play the Russians in Russia, the Mongols in Mongolia, the Japs in Jap-land...

(and actually be able to sink ships with planes)

Is that really so much to ask? if it is then I fear you...
                  "Wait a minute..this isn''t FAUX dive, it's just a DIVE!"
                  "...Mangy dog staggering about, looking vainly for a place to die."
                  "sauna stories? There are no 'sauna stories'.. I mean.. sauna is sauna. You do by the laws of sauna." -P.

Comment

Seeker, you have a valid point.
                    I hope Firaxis will patch that (I'm sure they will)
                    but I think it goes to far to say that CIV3 is broken because that off-core issue. (which is important and valid though)
                    Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                    Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

I understand the fact that artillery/planes can not destroy units on land. This probably simulates that a few guys will almost always get away. After a good bombing campaign, getting these units is really nothing more than a clean-up operation. They are too weak to offer any resistance. But it is different with ships. Ships can not hide. Planes and bombardment should be able to sink them.

And for the language... if I was a moderator...
                      To be one with the Universe is to be very lonely - John Doe - Datalinks

Comment

Originally posted by Cougz
                        does this thread prove that everyone is a whiner?

or am i just whining about the thread?
                        only the people who reply in this thread... that would make me a whiner

maybe we need a "whiner" smiley?
                        <Kassiopeia> you don't keep the virgins in your lair at a sodomising distance from your beasts or male prisoners. If you devirginised them yourself, though, that's another story. If they devirginised each other, then, I hope you had that webcam running.
                        Play Bumps! No, wait, play Slings!

Comment

Working...
                        X