paradrops faill?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• paradrops faill?

so I was playing a game as the French and doing quite well. The Aztecs declare war on me for no reason. I eliminate them from my main continent, and their home continent is just across a fairly narrow waterway.

I had built an ICBM semi-accidentally (Romans built Manhattan Project one turn before me so the shields all went to an ICMB instead) so I decided to be vicious and nuked the closest Aztec city.

I had a city with an airport just in range, and 5 paratroopers I had built earlier. So one by one I tried to drop into the nuked city.. and each time I got a message saying "paradrop failed"

I can understand one or two failing, but five????

It was setup so only the city was in range, I couldn't drop outside the city and march in. So I eventually had to fill up a transport and invade the old-fashioned way.

Does anyone know how the odds for making a succssful paradrop work?

maybe the radiation killed them?
    Prince of...... the Civ Mac Forum

Comment

According to the strategy guide. (Prima's) pg 179 "the losses are usually heavy if the city is well defended"

Comment

I would guess that you just can't paradrop into a city? Or maybe you can, but the city had a SAM battery or fighters or something. Now that would be fun.
        Never underestimate the healing powers of custard.

Comment

Remember, nukes don't always kill all of the units stationed in the city.
          Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Originally posted by Osweld
            i'd say that's what most likely happened
            Prince of...... the Civ Mac Forum

Comment

Originally posted by Osweld
              but the city was only like 3 squares away, before the nuke I thought it wasn't in fog-of-war. I didn't see any troops there when I was trying to drop...

I guess I was assuming like Civ2 that it wouldn't let me drop into a defended city.

Comment

Working...
              X