Questions about Breaking Diplomatic Agreements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions about Breaking Diplomatic Agreements

Do all agreements last 20 turns? Is there any way to see how many turns are left in a diplomatic agreement? Or when it is ok to break them without sullying your reputation? I asked England to declare war and bribed england 200 gold and she made peace 6 turns later and my diplomatic advisor calls here a liar and a cheat now. But does this same rule apply to the initiator of the deal? The one who paid the bribe?

Example:

You are at war with Germany and you ask India to declare war on Germany, you give India 300 gold and India declares war. Then you make peace with Germany 3 turns later. Will your reputation suffer? or is that ok?

I am a little confused about this. If you were the briber I don't see why that would hurt your rep. But I am not for sure.

Any way to see time remaining on diplomatic agreements? Any way to tell if a country has broken one with you? Sometimes I can't tell how mnay turns it lasted.
    Leonid

Yes. In my current game I was having a war early with the Persians (coz I've stolen all his iron and my great empire blocked him from further expansion). I asked the Babylonians and the Japanese for alliance.

Just 3 turns later the Persians noticed that they were no match to my advanced units. They begged for peace and I accepted. The Japanese and Babylonians never liked me after that..

Comment

When you go into negotiations, there are two things at the bottom of the screen, New and Active. There you can re-negotiate any current agreements.

I wonder though, can you convince someone to break an Embargo they made with someone against you? I other words, influence third party deals?
      To be one with the Universe is to be very lonely - John Doe - Datalinks

Comment

Do war alliances last 20 turns I wonder? If you click on active will it tell you how many turns are left. The thing is some of these might be going on longer than 20 turns and I need to break it. Or does the AI always break after 20 turns is up?
        Leonid

Comment

Working...
        X