Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POLL: Let Police Stations reduce corruption?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• POLL: Let Police Stations reduce corruption?

The question is simple, would you like FIRAXIS to make an "official" change so that Police Stations also help fight corruption?

This would ease the high level of corruption somewhat, and make the Police Station more useful IMHO. It also makes perfect sense that Police Stations would help reduce crime (a.k.a. corruption).

NOTE: Police Stations would still have their original ability to reduce War Weariness in addition to fighting corruption.

Edited to clarify intent... see "Note".
    Yes! This is a great idea.
    87.27%
    No... I don't see the need to change Police Stations
    9.09%
    No... Corruption is not a problem
    3.64%
    Last edited by Trachmyr; November 11, 2001, 03:04.

In terms of being intuitive, i agree that police stations should reduce corruption.

As for its original purpose of reducing war weariness, keep it. Coming relatively late in the game, it more than offsets the benefits. Not to mention people would have to spend resources building 2 improvements, instead of 1 to reduce corruption down to its lowest levels.
    AI:C3C Debug Game Report (Part1) :C3C Debug Game Report (Part2)
    Strategy:The Machiavellian Doctrine
    Visit my WebsiteMonkey Dew

Comment

That's what I meant, should police station reduce corruption IN ADDITION to reducing war weariness. Sorry I wasn't more specific.

Comment

Most of the frustration about the corruption isn't really about the outrageously high levels. It's the fact that you basically just have to suck on it that's p**sing most of us off. As is, the anti-corruption methods available are pathetic.

ANY options to deal with corruption would be appreciated. Make it hard. Make it expensive. Make it challenging. But for crying out loud, Firaxis, give us the tools to play the game in any way we want- not just the limited options forced on us by that ridiculous corruption system!

Comment

Yes, it's a good idea. Besides that's what police stations exist for in the real life, they fight crime. Or at least they should...

Comment

The patch will reduce corruption too, probably by changing the base effect, rather than improvements ability to fight it.

Comment

(ignore this post, restoring cookies)
              "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

I support the idea.

Police stations reduces crimes. Crimes can sometimes be categorized as wastes aka Corruption. Hence, Police stations reduces Corruption.

Make it to complement Courthouse. Needed in Republican and Monarchy type of gov't.

Comment

Originally posted by dexters
                  In terms of being intuitive, i agree that police stations should reduce corruption.
                  Of course. After all, who's ever heard of a corrupt police department?

It's not a bad idea, but I think it would just be better if they toned down corruption overall--not a lot, just lower it a bit so it's not so completely crippling.
                  "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                  "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Maybe more some way to make a police state... Police stations by themselves in our modern society don't change really alot of thing. It's more the way it's used that changes it all.
                    Go GalCiv, go! Go Society, go!

Comment

*bump*

Wow, that's pretty overwhelming support!

Comment

I think the question is a bit pointless since, as someone has already pointed out, the patch is going to address the corruption problem. AFTER the patch is out, the question may become relevant.

Comment

I don't think it's pointless at all... if there is overwhelming support for this concept, PART of the way Firaxis can fix corruption with the patch IS by making police station have the ability to reduce corruption in addition to war weariness.

Comment

I've done this through the editor, and it helps a little. But the patch also needs to make the 'reduce corruption' flag do more to fight corruption.
                            - "A picture may be worth a thousand words, but it still ain't a part number." - Ron Reynolds
                            - I went to Zanarkand, and all I got was this lousy aeon!
                            - "... over 10 members raised complaints about you... and jerk was one of the nicer things they called you" - Ming

Comment

More buildings should reduce corruption

Here's a quote from Grifman in another thread I find would solve the problem in a very good way.

Well, a very easy fix is to go into the civ3mod file and use the editor. There is a checkbox that says "Reduce corruption" for the various improvements. For example, you could say that temples and cathedrals reduce corruption (more ethical citizenry), and that barracks/police stations reduce corruption (more govt presence). That and changing the max number of cities before corruption becomes a problem (right now at 8/16/24/32 I think) would really help until the patch comes out. Grifman.
                              Sorry to usurp this thread with this question but does anyone know where there's a good "expert" FAQ about "deep" Civ3 questions?
                              TitanTim

Comment

Working...
                              X