All complainers stop posting here and go back to civ2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All complainers stop posting here and go back to civ2

If you don't have something constructive to say, how about not saying it.

These forums are very cluttered with whiners.

Example: this game is broken!!

this thread is worthless. Yes they point out the bugs in the game. But there is no organized attempt at suggestions to correct these problems.

We need to get organized to get these bugs fixed. Not just thread after thread of b!tching.

If you don't like the game play civ2, or make an effort to let Firaxis know in a CONSTRUCTIVE way the problems with the game and suggested fixes.

Until some of whiners leave this forum, I won't be here. I'll go back to the civ2 boards where people talked about the game in a mature way. Not like a bunch of 13 year old kids who didn't get their way.

Typically one expects the game programmers to come up with suggestions for fixes (and then fix the bugs)

Hence us paying them

as the consumer our sole job is to buy the game and "*****" as you put it, or rave, depending on whether we like it or not.

You have as much right to complain about people *****ing as one who would complain about everyone saying "OH I LOVE THE GAME ITS SO GREAT"

Quit being a forum nanny

Comment

Re: All complainers stop posting here and go back to civ2

Originally posted by Dissident

If you don't like the game play civ2, or make an effort to let Firaxis know in a CONSTRUCTIVE way the problems with the game and suggested fixes.

Until some of whiners leave this forum, I won't be here. I'll go back to the civ2 boards where people talked about the game in a mature way. Not like a bunch of 13 year old kids who didn't get their way.
      I'm not a programmer, nor is it my job to tell Firaxis to fix the game that obviously needs some work. I paid $60 for a game that they themselves promised would be revoloutionary. I expect them to live up to that promise. I expect them to come up with ways to fix the problems that so many are complaining about. If you don't like what you're seeing on the forum how about YOU go and play Civ and don't ever come back here; don't ever download a patch, unless you can write your own of course.

Comment

Constructive criticism includes pointing out all of the flat out faults and inadequacies this game is plagued with (perhaps in hopes of influencing a patch? What a f*cking concept!). We're not here to program solutions. Nor are we asking the I LOVE IT I LOVE IT crowd to be quiet or leave, so grow up, champ

Comment

Re: All complainers stop posting here and go back to civ2

Originally posted by Dissident

BWAHAHAHAHA oh please show us the way to behave whilst debating a computer game, wise shaman. How truly spiritual you are! Now off to preform a rain dance, followed by an incense inspired metaphysical brainstorm of civ3 solutions. ~OOHHHMMM this is such a profound idea for a thread OOHHHMMM~

How immature I am... Oh my

Comment

"Typically one expects the game programmers to come up with suggestions for fixes (and then fix the bugs)

Hence us paying them"

-That's a cynical view. Ideally the programmers program what the people want.

"You have as much right to complain about people *****ing as one who would complain about everyone saying "OH I LOVE THE GAME ITS SO GREAT""

-Do it elsewhere, you're wasting our bandwidth.

"If you don't like what you're seeing on the forum how about YOU go and play Civ and don't ever come back here;"

-I believe you are mistaken here. We were here first, we not need more whiners to eat up what little bandwidth is left after the release of civ3. If you really want to whine, go whine to Firaxis. Stop cluttering these forums.

"(perhaps in hopes of influencing a patch? What a f*cking concept!)."

-Which might work if this were an official civ3 forum, which it really isn't.
            "The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists."
            -Joan Robinson

Comment

Originally posted by Victor Galis

-I believe you are mistaken here. We were here first, we not need more whiners to eat up what little bandwidth is left after the release of civ3. If you really want to whine, go whine to Firaxis. Stop cluttering these forums.
              AHAHAHAHAHA You were here first?!?!? Brilliant and equally mature statement. Since you were here first you get "first dibs" on bandwith use. Speaking of which, a lot of us were "here first" with you b*tching and complaining about what should be implemented in the game - a lot of it was!

No, you're right - YOU WERE HEaR FIRST DAR DAR THIS MY SANDBOX NOT YOURZ 2 PLAY IN!

Honestly, it's not even a challenge with some of these self contradicting morons.

Comment

"(perhaps in hopes of influencing a patch? What a f*cking concept!)."

-Which might work if this were an official civ3 forum, which it really isn't.
                Hey MISTAR WE H3RE FIRST - I've never seen any firaxis members cruising these forums asking for opinions and ideas, have you? Again, you have proved yourself unquestionably right!

Edit: I love how these words he spoke:

"-That's a cynical view. Ideally the programmers program what the people want."

Compare so nicely to the above. Tehehehe well now that I've cruelly boosted my own self-esteem beating up on a ******, it's time to go to bed. Sweet dreams!

Comment

Excuse me?

Do it elsewhere, you're wasting our bandwidth.
                  Whose bandwith? This is a community forum, open to anyone who plays Civilization III. More specifically this is the General Discussion, which means anything in general.

This is not the "Civilization III love fest no whinners allowed" board. This is not YOUR site. This is OUR site, including myself, and any possible whinner.

First let me state, I have not whinned. But by god if I wanted to, I will and have every right to suck up "your" bandwith doing so.

And until I break a forum guideline and am banned I will continue to have every right to waste "your" bandwith as you have a right to waste "my" bandwith. (since after all this is "our" forum)

I believe you are mistaken here. We were here first,
                  Once again who is this magical "we"? Is there a cut off date for the secret club? Do you have to have visited this forum since before March of 2000 in order to be a memeber of this ultra exclusive club on the Apolyton forum which obviously has controlling rights over the bandwith (being "their" bandwith and all)

My gosh, arent we just the pompous arrogant ass tonight?

Comment

Let see which is more constructive:

Pointing out that combat was better in Civ2 and they took a step backwards....

or

Starting a thread calling all the people you disagree with whiners.....

Hmmm, thats a tough one.

PS: Im only criticizing combat in civ3 (and the editor, but they've said that'll get fixed). The rest is definately better than any civ game to date, especially the AI.

Comment

I will not repeat here why I LIKE the game but I will wait for a Final Mp Scenario Gold Patched Edition (if you DO want to know why, ask me or look for my posts ) I just want to say that I play SMAX
                      I do not know if I am a "whiner" in your opinion, or if I was cheated into becoming one thanks to the late release in Europe... I had plenty of time to make me up a "sitting on the edge" opinion.
                      The ice was here, the ice was there, the ice was all around: it cracked and growled and roared and howled like noises in a swound!

Comment

"All complainers stop posting here and go back to civ2."

Dissident, I'm glad you have decided to join the ranks of us reactionaries, but baby you've got to get yourself a new handle!
                        He's got the Midas touch.
                        But he touched it too much!
                        Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

hahaha, sikander, good to know that for once we are in the same camp
                          btw, honest abe is quite a pain in the game. he just would not stop declaring wars on me. too bad he is not around anymore

Comment

"If you don't like what you're seeing on the forum how about YOU go and play Civ and don't ever come back here;"

What do you mean you were here FIRST???

Just because I never registered and bothered to post until recently doesn't give you anymore right to suggest what to post on these forums than anyone else; you my friend are the one whose mistaken!

And STOP whinning about your pages not loading fast enough; buy some web space and start your own forum if you think you are all that!(which your NOT )

Comment

I'd just like to bump this thread to remind everyone of how pathetically the "go back to civ2" argument has crashed and burned.

Oh gee. Where has Victor Galise gone?? Come out to play Vici!

Comment

Working...
                              X