No announcement yet.

Cool things that have happened to me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love this thread Atlantus. I was really starting to dislike the Civ3 boards for all their *****ing and moaning. I love civ3.

I'm the Germans. I had the English, Russians, and Chinese on my borders. The English queen is always a *****, so I decided to smack her pasty head around a bit. I also had the shortest border with them (and a very long border with the Russians). I built up a large force of cavalry and infantry along the front, and began the switch to communism from demo. I also had the Panzer tech on the horizon (I'm German). This was going to be fun.
    The first turn of Anarchy I saw several Russian troops along our very long border. I was concerned, but not worried. I had railroads, so if I needed to move to defend against Russia I was fine. I had a short war (which they started) with the Russians awhile back, but we had patched things up. Or so I thought. Five more turns of Anarchy, says my domestic advisor.
    Second turn of anarchy, the Russians move in and cut a railroad that connects both sides of my empire. War is declared during anarchy, yikes! They begin the assault on my border cities and take one of them. Meanwhile my infantry are having a hard time getting to the Russian front, and I cannot produce any more units!
    I eventually get back to defend my homeland against the Russians (my new best enemies), but my attack against the English was totally scrapped. It was all very fun, though not the kind of fun I had expected.
    For all of Civ3 flaws, the improvement in AI is astounding.

Comment

i also had a war declared in anarchy ( i was foolishly aiming for democracy). need i say that it really hurt a lot?

Comment

Just this morning...

Along the comedy lines, I discovered another real knee slapper this morning.

I'm determined to win as the Babylonians (multiple failures so far) and this morning while trying to get a right of passage pact with the Chinese, Mao had this reply to an even deal:

Not gonna do it, Wouldn't be prudent....

Quite hilarious for any long time Saturday Night Live fans.

Glad you enjoyed HalfLotus,
        Alantus

Comment

Working...
        X