Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you think stacked unit movement/selecting units should be added in a Civ 3 patch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trifna,

A "bump" is just a quick cheap post to move this thread to the top so that everyone can see it . . . also a very good cheap way to increase your rank .

. . . oh yeah, almost forgot . . . *bump*

Comment

Originally posted by Timeline
      Trifna,

A "bump" is just a quick cheap post to move this thread to the top so that everyone can see it . . . also a very good cheap way to increase your rank .

. . . oh yeah, almost forgot . . . *bump*
      lol, pretty much .

More seriously, I'm bumping this so much because A) people are still answering the poll, just not replying to the thread and B) because I'm not sure someone from Faraxis has seen this thread, and I think they probably should -- it'll show them what everyone wants, which clearly is stacked movement, or some varaition on that. Personally, I voted for #3 and would like to see #3, but what Godspawn said would make me more then personally happy, and I think that's why most people are voting #1...

-- adaMada

PS: *bump*
      Civ 3 Democracy Game:
      PTW Game: Proud member of the Roleplay Team, and Ambassador to Glory of War
      Intersite PTW Game: Member of Apolyton

Comment

I vote for all of the above in any way shape or form. I loath the late middle, end game when you are moving units from one side of your empire to another. It seems I am costantly moving workers back and forth for pollution! Or moving units from one front to another. I dont understand why this is left out.

Comment

rws,

Press Shift-P to tell your workers to clean up pollution only. This little feature is a great thing, it helps alot in managing workers.

But we still need stack ability!!

Comment

/me gives a slap in the face to Timeline with a Ford bumper
            Go GalCiv, go! Go Society, go!

Comment

*bump*
              Civ 3 Democracy Game:

Comment

Hey, stop that bump thing. If it doesn't stay out, it's because people don't goive enough value to it.
                Go GalCiv, go! Go Society, go!

Comment

Conclusion Message for Firaxis

Originally posted by Trifna
                  Hey, stop that bump thing. If it doesn't stay out, it's because people don't goive enough value to it.
                  As I said before, I was bumping as long as people were still voting on it, which does not bump it to the top. As most people had stopped voting, I'm now going tp leave it alone unless someone else responds (and was going to before you posted), but since you've taken it to the top anyway...

Message for Firaxis: Less than ten people DON'T want this in some form. Over 100 do. So... can you please patch this in sometime? Pleeesseee ?

-- adaMada

EDIT: Minor wording changes, didn't sound quite right...
                  Last edited by adaMada; November 13, 2001, 19:39.
                  Civ 3 Democracy Game:

Comment

[BUMP]

Comment

Great ideas AdaMada. They are constructive and try to include stacking in a non-CTP point of view. I personnaly go for #4 : it's not complicated and assigning numbers would be great.
                      About combat, I think it should be impossible for the stack to attack as a whole (otherwise the great leaders wouldn't be of interest). Maybe there should be a popup before the attack, like when you unload a transport.
                      "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                      "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                      "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Yes! Please put this in, it would be awesome! I voted for #1 because it is the most civ-ish. As for a group of units attacking, either it wouldn't let you attack with a group (like you can't attack with a worker) or if you do attack with a group, it would attack with the "best" offensive unit and continue attacking until the group no longer had any attacks or the units in the other square were dead and you could move in. I think it would be much simpler to not let a group attack, I would want to pick which units do/don't attack myself.

-quinalla
                        Jacob's Law "To err is human: to blame it on someone else is even more human."

Comment

Working...
                        X