No announcement yet.

Reviewing the Drunk Gamer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't know what everyone's getting so worked up about this review. It's not like it was done by Gamespot or IGN, its from some nobody writing for a penny ante website. It's worthless.
    "To live again, to be.........again" Captain Kirk in some Star Trek Episode. (The one with the bad guy named Henok)
    "One day you may have to think for yourself and heaven help us all when that time comes" Some condescending jerk.

Comment

"Worthless" is the perfect assessment. Unfortunately, Apolyton deemed it significant enough to feature it on the front page. I felt compelled to bash it thoroughly, like an Iraqi army on a desert road.
      "Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatum." — William of Ockham

Comment

I can't believe that the reviewer said there is "nothing new" in the game. Culture and the new resource scheme are huge changes!!!! When some poor, pathetic AI player plops a city right down in between my culture boarders I just drool because then I 'attack' his city with my culture. I build libraries, temples, etc just to get my cultual boarders grow and swallow him/her up. I don't remember doing this in Civ1 or 2. As far a resources go, they are extremely important. I remember my first game playing I had terrible pollution but no rubber to build a Mass transit, so I was forced into a strategic war against my neighbour for a city near a rubber resource.

Very good and very different! That's Civ3.
        That's his review!
        "To live again, to be.........again" Captain Kirk in some Star Trek Episode. (The one with the bad guy named Henok)
        "One day you may have to think for yourself and heaven help us all when that time comes" Some condescending jerk.

Comment

Originally posted by Libertarian
          Unfortunately, Apolyton deemed it significant enough to feature it on the front page.
          all news are "featured" on the front civ3 page for some time.....
          Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
          Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
          giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
            GP, you drunk?

He said he bought 4 Civ2! CIV2!

Thank you...
            chill. It must be a typo.

Comment

all news are "featured" on the front civ3 page for some time.....
              As an actual, practicing libertarian, I graciously defer to the site owners. Though I disagree that Buzzy's glurge was newsworthy, I'm satisfied that we've swatted that fly here. Thanks for allowing me the opportunity to do that, Mark.
              "Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatum." — William of Ockham

Comment

Originally posted by Stefu

Indeed! I go by the name Kantalooppi, although I haven't posted much - mainly some one-line comments and one thread about bad cartoon dubbing.

Anyway, this site has got really fine Off-Topic forum, it does, and admins have specified it will always be free. Not that I'm trying to lure people to do anything or like that, except that I am.
                Stephie, you little BB slut. Remeber your true home.

Comment

Originally posted by Libertarian
                  As an actual, practicing libertarian, I graciously defer to the site owners. Though I disagree that Buzzy's glurge was newsworthy, I'm satisfied that we've swatted that fly here. Thanks for allowing me the opportunity to do that, Mark.
                  indeed our effort is to give you access to all kind of opinions even the more stupid ones
                  Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                  Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                  giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Working...
                  X