Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Possible bug, and a question about culture...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible bug, and a question about culture...

ok, first the bug. I think presicion strike has a bug with it. I tried getting my f-15's to target an enemy town but it wouldn't let me. Infact i couldn't target anything with it but my own town. So i let a turn pass, tried it with another fighter, same thing. So i decided to target the town, what the hell i though, might as well see what happens. I got a message saying i could no longer support the temple in the town so they sold it. I think we have a bug here.

Ok, now the culture question... Let's see, i have a town, not sure how much culture, maybe 100. 3 squares to the NW there's an english town with about 240 and 3 to the se there's another with about the same, so what happens my town defects. What the hell is up with that. In my previous game i had a city with 5000 and the town 5 squares away with only 300 never defected. And in my current game i have capitol with around 1000 and another city with about 200 both about 4/5 squares away and the town they are near doesn't defect. So i'm asking what makes a town defect?
    "Go Navy, beat Army!"
    "Something my father once told me.... Don't start a fight, but always finish one...."

*bump* someone please answer
    "Go Navy, beat Army!"
    "Something my father once told me.... Don't start a fight, but always finish one...."

Comment

what does *bump* mean?

I've seen this b4 but never knew.

Comment

A Bump is a post who's sole purpose is to "bump" the thread back up the top of the forum.

As for the question - I haven't got the game, but this certainly sounds suspect...
        The church is the only organisation that exists for the benefit of its non-members
        Buy your very own 4-dimensional, non-orientable, 1-sided, zero-edged, zero-volume, genus 1 manifold immersed in 3-space!
        All women become like their mothers. That is their tragedy. No man does. That's his.
        "They offer us some, but we have no place to store a mullet." - Chegitz Guevara

Comment

The problem with precision strikes is a known issue -- I've never heard from anyone who has gotten it to work correctly. . .

About the cultural assimilation of cities -- first of all there is some randomness to it. I believe it relies on the same random number seeds that combat and diplomacy do because you can reload the game to the turn before a city is assimilated, do something different with the combat and/or diplomacy, and the city then might not get assimilated next turn.

The rest is pure speculation on my part:
          Assimilation chances might rely on overall cultural scores in addition to city cultural scores.
          Assimilation chances might change based on the other civ's attitude toward you -- I've noticed I seem to assimilate cities from friendly civ's more than those of my enimies.

Comment

ok so the p-strike is a know bug, thats good. And for the culture thing i'd like to add this update. First i lost grenoble to the english due to culture, then i lost Roune, i'm still owndering what the hell is going on. Next i gained Some english city i don't remember the name. then i got roune back. now i've lost the english city again. This is getting very annoying. I want my other city back!!! (and i wouldn't mind the english one either)
            "Go Navy, beat Army!"

Comment

Thanks for the explanation of bump!

Comment

ok so the p-strike is a know bug, thats good. And for the culture thing i'd like to add this update. First i lost grenoble to the english due to culture, then i lost Roune, i'm still owndering what the hell is going on. Next i gained Some english city i don't remember the name. then i got roune back. now i've lost the english city again. This is getting very annoying. I want my other city back!!! (and i wouldn't mind the english one either)
                LOL I feel your pain. . .

Welcome to the "Now you own it; now you don't" club

Comment

Working...
                X